David Nevins (television producer)
|Alma mater||B.A. Amherst College|
|Occupation||Television executive and executive producer|
|Known for||Chief Creative Officer of CBS Corporation and Chairman and CEO of Showtime Networks|
|Spouse(s)||Andrea Blaugrund Nevins|
Nevins was born in 1965, the son of Suzy and Louis H. Nevins. His mother was a travel agent and his father served as president of the Western League of Savings Institutions. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts.
Nevins serves as Chief Creative Officer, CBS Corporation and Chairman and CEO of Showtime Networks Inc. He is responsible for oversight of programming, marketing and research across CBS Television Studios, the CBS Television Network’s Entertainment division, Showtime Networks and, in conjunction with CBS Interactive, programming for CBS All Access. He also oversees CBS’s interest in The CW, a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment.
Nevins joined Showtime as entertainment president in 2010. Under his watch, Showtime greenlit shows such as Homeland, Billions, Ray Donovan, The Affair, House of Lies, SMILF, The Chi, and the Twin Peaks revival.
As the head of Imagine TV between 2002 and 2010, Nevins produced shows such as Arrested Development, Friday Night Lights, and 24. He was also executive vice president of programming at Fox, and senior VP of primetime series at NBC during the height of “Must See TV,” developing shows such as Homicide and ER.
In 2016, Nevins was honored with the Dorothy and Sherrill C. Corwin Human Relations Award from the American Jewish Committee Los Angeles.
In 2018, Nevins received the top award for excellence, which is named for Frank Stanton, at the annual luncheon benefiting the Center for Communications.
- "Emmy winner David Nevins joins Showtime". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- "Showtime's New Mastermind, David Nevins". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- New York Times: "Andrea Blaugrund and David Nevins" September 1, 1996
- Chmielewski, Dawn C. (2018-10-18). "Showtime Boss David Nevins Named CBS' Chief Creative Officer". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Schneider, Michael; Schneider, Michael (2018-10-18). "Another Sign That the Moonves Era Is Over: CBS Corp. Names Showtime's David Nevins as Chief Creative Officer". IndieWire. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- "Blackbaud Internet Solutions - Online Events and Marketing Solutions". www.kintera.org. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- Jewish Daily Forward: "IKAR Looks To Build Without Losing Magic" by Rex Weiner December 30, 2012
- Hayes, Dade; Hayes, Dade (2018-07-16). "Showtime Chief David Nevins Slated For Center For Communications Honor". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-01-31.