David W. Nelms (born 1961) is an American businessman and the former CEO of Discover Financial.
David W. Nelms
|Born||1961 (age 57–58)|
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
|Known for||CEO of Discover Financial 2004-2018|
David Nelms grew up in St. Petersburg, Florida and graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in mechanical engineering. Nelms went on to study at Harvard Business School and graduated with his MBA in 1987.
David Nelms was the Chief Executive Officer of Discover Financial from 2004 - September 30, 2018. Nelms was named chairman of the board in 2009 and as of October 1, 2018, was the Executive Chair of the board of directors. He joined Discover as president and COO in 1998. From 1991-1998, Nelms served as an executive for MBNA. From 1990-1991, he worked for Progressive Insurance as a senior product manager. From 1986-1990, he was a management consultant at Bain & Company. Before attending Harvard Business School, Nelms was an assembly line supervisor at General Electric.
- "USATODAY.com - Discover Financial CEO Nelms seeks opportunities for growth". www.usatoday.com.
- "Discover CEO sells Lake Forest home for less than he paid in 1998". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- "Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al-Missned". forbes.com.
- "#48 David W Nelms - Forbes.com". www.forbes.com.
- "Discover Financial Services CEO David Nelms leaves post at short notice | Push-out Score". exechange.com. Retrieved 2018-11-08.
- Kwoh, Leslie (2013-04-25). "Discover CEO: Something Small Can Really Mess Up Your Career". WSJ. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Discover CEO sells Lake Forest home for less than he paid in 1998". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|