David Michaels (author)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"David Michaels" is a pseudonym for the authors of novels in the Splinter Cell, EndWar, H.A.W.X, and Ghost Recon series, all of which were created by Ubisoft and developed under Ubisoft's Tom Clancy license. The novel series began as video games for various console systems as well as the PC. As of February 2011, "Michaels" has released six Splinter Cell novels, two EndWar novels, two Ghost Recon novels, and one H.A.W.X novel.
The first two Splinter Cell novels were written by Raymond Benson. Benson has also written some James Bond books; however, in 2006, Benson announced he was finished with Splinter Cell and that the next novel would be written by a different author under the same pseudonym. The last known author is Grant Blackwood. The current author is unknown, but he uses the David Michaels pseudonym. With the publication of Splinter Cell: Blacklist Aftermath in 2013, Peter Telep assumed the role of writer for the series. Unlike the previous "David Michaels" novels, Telep is credited on Blacklist Aftermath by name.
Splinter Cell Series
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (2004) Written by Raymond Benson.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda (2005) Written by Raymond Benson.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Checkmate (2006) Written by Grant Blackwood.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Fallout (2007) Written by Grant Blackwood.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (2009) Written by Peter Telep.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Endgame (2009)
- Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. (2009)
- "Raymond Benson announcing himself as writer of Splinter Cell". CommanderBond.net Latest News. 2004-11-29. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "Raymond Benson finished with Splinter Cell". RaymondBenson.com Latest News. 2006-02-06. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "Mass Market Titles, Fall 2008". Publisher's Weekly. 2008-06-30. Archived from the original on October 10, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "Penguin Group (USA) web page for Ghost Recon: Combat Ops". penguingroup.com.