|Country (sports)||United States|
|Residence||Huntington Beach, California|
|Born||February 22, 1981|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Plays||Left-handed (two-handed backhand)|
|Highest ranking||No. 459 (June 26, 2006)|
|Highest ranking||No. 38 (May 12, 2008)|
|Grand Slam doubles results|
|Australian Open||2R (2008)|
|French Open||2R (2008)|
|US Open||1R (1998, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)|
|Last updated on: February 16, 2013.|
Before attending Stanford, David was a US Open Boys' Doubles champion with eventual Stanford teammate K. J. Hippensteel in 1998.
He first teamed up with fellow American Scott Lipsky in doubles in college. They finished their college career ranked as the #2 team in the nation, and they extended their partnership into their pro careers. In 2007, Martin and Lipsky qualified for the 2007 Wimbledon men's doubles tournament, where the pair lost in the third round. He and Lipsky reached the ATP Los Angeles men's doubles final in 2007, where the team lost in straight sets to the top-ranked Bob and Mike Bryan. Lipsky and Martin captured their first ATP title in February 2008 at the SAP Open at HP Pavilion in San Jose, defeating the number one ranked doubles team of Bob and Mike Bryan, 7–6(4), 7–5 in the finals.
His career-high doubles ranking was World No. 38, achieved in May 2008.
ATP career finalsEdit
Doubles: 6 (1–5)Edit
|Grand Slam (0)|
|Tennis Masters Cup (0)|
|ATP Masters Series (0)|
|ATP International Series Gold (0)|
|ATP Tour (1–5)|
|Runner-up||1.||July 2007||Los Angeles, United States||Hard||Scott Lipsky|| Bob Bryan
|Winner||1.||February 2008||San Jose, United States||Hard (i)||Scott Lipsky|| Bob Bryan
|Runner-up||2.||April 2008||Munich, Germany||Clay||Scott Lipsky|| Michael Berrer
|5–7, 6–3, [8–10]|
|Runner-up||3.||July 2008||Indianapolis, United States||Hard||Scott Lipsky|| Ashley Fisher
|6–3, 3–6, [5–10]|
|Runner-up||4.||September 2008||Bangkok, Thailand||Hard (i)||Scott Lipsky|| Lukáš Dlouhý
|Runner-up||5.||January 2011||Chennai, India||Hard||Robin Haase|| Mahesh Bhupathi
|2–6, 7–6(7–3), [7–10]|
- "Scott Lipsky: Good Things Come in Doubles". Center for Sport and Jewish Life. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- "Roddick wins title in San Jose". The Toronto Star. February 24, 2008. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- Keith Peters (February 24, 2008). "Shocker in all-Stanford doubles final at SAP Open; Martin and Lipsky upend top-seeded Bryan brothers in San Jose pro tennis tournament". Palo Alto Online. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- David Martin at the Association of Tennis Professionals
- David Martin at the International Tennis Federation