David Hill (choral director)
David Hill,  in Carlisle, Cumberland) is a choral conductor and organist. Beginning July 2013, he holds an appointment to the Yale Institute of Sacred Music. His highest-profile roles are as Chief Conductor of the BBC Singers from September 2007 until 2017, and Musical Director of The Bach Choir since April 1998.(born on 13 May 1957
He also holds the positions Chief Conductor of the Southern Sinfonia, Music Director of the Leeds Philharmonic Society, Associate Conductor of the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra and President of Bath Bach Choir.
Hill is President of the Incorporated Association of Organists, succeeding Catherine Ennis.
Hill was educated at Chetham's School of Music and St John's College, Cambridge, where he was Organ Scholar under George Guest. He spent two years from 1980 as Sub-Organist at Durham Cathedral, under Richard Hey Lloyd.
- Weekend birthdays, "The Guardian", 12 May 2007. p. 43. Accessed on 16 August 2007.
- "David Hill | Institute of Sacred Music". ism.yale.edu. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- The Bach Choir Website Archived 3 May 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- "Rayfield Allied – David Hill". www.rayfieldallied.com. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "No. 62507". The London Gazette (Supplement). 29 December 2018. p. 18.
- St John's College, Cambridge Choir homepage
- BBC announcement of Chief Conductorship
- The Bach Choir homepage
| Director of Music, Westminster Cathedral
| Director of Music, Winchester Cathedral
| Director of Music, St John's College, Cambridge
Sir David Willcocks
| Musical Director, The Bach Choir
1998 - present