David Gilman is an English television screen writer and novelist.
Before becoming a writer, Gilman was previously a fire-fighter, professional photographer and a soldier in the Parachute Regiment's Reconnaissance Platoon. He was educated in Wales and worked for some time as a marketing manager for a publishing company in South Africa. Early jobs included forestry work, JCB driver and window dresser.
He became a full-time writer in 1986. His Danger Zone series has been published in 15 countries. The first in the series was long listed for the CILIP Carnegie Medal and won the French Prix Polar Jeunesse. In 2017, The Last Horseman was on the shortlist for the Wilbur Smith Adventure awards. His book for young children, Monkey and Me, was nominated for the Carnegie Medal.
Master of War
- 1: The Blooding (2013)
- 2: Defiant Unto Death (2015)
- 3: Gate of the Dead (2016)
- 4: Viper's Blood (2017)
- 5: Scourge of Wolves (2018)
- 6: Cross of Fire (2020)
- 7: Shadow of the Hawk (2021)
- The Last Horseman (2016)
- Night Flight to Paris (2018)
- The Englishman (2020)
- https://www.davidgilman.com/about, About
- https://www.davidgilman.com/news/article/wilbur-smith-adventure-writing-shortlist#cfTeL5MHWsTjIpIp.99, Shortlist
- https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/617659.David_Gilman, David Gilman
- https://www.allenandunwin.com/browse/books/childrens/young-adult-fiction/Monkey-and-Me-David-Gilman-9781848773356, Author Bio