David Folkenflik (born September 15, 1969) is an American reporter based in New York City and serving as media correspondent for National Public Radio. He is also one of the hosts of NPR's On Point. His work primarily appears on the NPR news programs Morning Edition and All Things Considered. He also appears regularly on the "Media Circus" segment on Talk of the Nation.
|Born||September 15, 1969|
|Education||B.A. Cornell University|
|Known for||Media correspondent for National Public Radio|
|Parent(s)||Vivian and Robert Folkenflik|
Folkenflik is the son of Vivian and Robert Folkenflik, both college professors at the University of California, Irvine. His father is Jewish. Folkenflik started at The Herald-Sun of Durham, North Carolina. In 1991, he graduated from Cornell University's Department of History with a degree in History, where he served as editor in chief of The Cornell Daily Sun; and was a member of the Quill and Dagger, Cornell's senior honor society; He spent more than 10 years at The Baltimore Sun, covering higher education, the United States Congress, and the mass media, before joining NPR in 2004.
He has reported on many topics, including the undisclosed payments made by New York Times reporter Kurt Eichenwald to a teenaged webcam child pornographer named Justin Berry and on the ethical challenges faced by reporters who are also medical doctors who've travelled to Haiti to report on and assist with the recovery after the 2010 Haiti earthquake. He is active in public service, and has served as a commentator during The Changing Face of News – What’s Next? event at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College..
In 2010, Folkenflik married Jesse Baker.
- "Jewish Insider's Daily Kickoff: Friday September 14, 2018". Haaretz. September 14, 2018.
Saturday: NPR's Media Correspondent, David Folkenflik turns 49...
- National Public Radio (2007-02-22). "David Folkenflik, Correspondent, Media, Arts Information Unit". Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Jesse Baker, David Folkenflik". The New York Times. 2010-04-30. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- Weiner, Robert (January 29, 2014). "Jewish figures on all sides of 'Bridgegate'". New Jersey Jewish News.
Robert Folkenflik, professor emeritus at University of California, Irvine, who knew Samson as a child in Hillside and later as a fraternity brother at Zeta Beta Tau on Rutgers University’s New Brunswick campus
- David Folkenflik (2007-10-19). "Seizures Hurt Memory, Ex-'Times' Reporter Says". All Things Considered, National Public Radio. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- David Folkenflik (2010-01-20). "Reporters Who Are MDs Find Lines Blurred In Haiti". All Things Considered, National Public Radio. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- National Public Radio. "David Folkenflik archive". Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Welcome to the New Hampshire Institute of Politics". anselm.edu. Saint Anselm College. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|