|Initial release||18 August 2012|
20140625151647 / 6 May 2014
Representing data using charts is a difficult task from two perspectives. The first is that it is not always clear which chart type best represents a dataset. The second, and more difficult of the two, is understanding what useful information even exists in the data before it can be visualized.
Datacopia attempts to resolve these difficulties by automating both the data analysis and chart selection processes.
Datacopia is built in HTML5 and runs on any platform with a browser that supports the Html5 canvas element. It makes use of D3.js and the NVD3 library to provide its interactive graphics. It uses the Heroku PaaS stack.
Datacopia allows generated charts to be posted to social media sites and blogs.
Datacopia offers an API  that allows developers to embed Datacopia functionality within their software and websites. This API is already used by the Qiqqa research management software to automatically turn tables of results in PDFs into charts.
- "Datacopia.com is launched".
- "AlternativeTo: Datacopia".
- Andrew Abela. Advanced Presentations by Design: Creating Communication that Drives Action.
- Jonathan Helfman. Selecting the Best Graph Based on Data, Tasks, and User Roles (PDF).
- "Automatic Construction and Natural-Language Description of Nonparametric Regression Models". Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence. AAAI. 2014.
- "Trading multiple strategies/instruments and max draw-downs". MooMooFX. Retrieved 2014-05-15.
- "The oh-so-simple Datacopia API". Datacopia.com. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- "Automatically making charts from boring tables of results in your PDFs using Datacopia.com". Qiqqa.com. Retrieved 2014-06-23.