Darren Lemke (born 1969/1970) is an American screenwriter who has been active in the film industry since the late 1990s. His first major screenwriting credit was for Shrek Forever After (2010), which he wrote with Josh Klausner. Lemke directed the thriller film Lost (2004), which he also wrote.
Darren Lemke was born in 1969/1970. He went to Paramus Catholic High School in Paramus, New Jersey. After high school, he went to the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan, New York to study screenwriting. In 1997, he sold two pitches to Touchstone Pictures for Tony Scott to direct; one of the pitches became Gemini Man, which is scheduled to be released on October 4, 2019. In 2005, Lemke pitched the idea of adapting the English fairy tale "Jack and the Beanstalk" with computer-generated imagery. By 2013, Jack the Giant Slayer was directed by Bryan Singer.
|2010||Shrek Forever After||Wrote with Josh Klausner|
|2013||Jack the Giant Slayer||Wrote story with David Dobkin; wrote screenplay with Christopher McQuarrie and Dan Studney|
|Turbo||Wrote screenplay with Robert D. Siegel and David Soren based on story by Soren|
|2015||Goosebumps||Wrote screenplay based on story by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski|
|2019||Shazam!||Wrote screenplay with Henry Gayden; currently in post-production|
|TBD||Parts You Lose, TheThe Parts You Lose||Currently in post-production|
- Siemaszko, Corky (July 12, 1997). "Cart of the deal screenplay lets him bag job in store". New York Daily News. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- Busch, Anita M. (June 6, 1997). "Lemke hits H'w'd with 2-pic pitch". Variety. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (February 27, 2018). "Film News Roundup: Production Starts on Will Smith's Thriller 'Gemini Man'". Variety. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- Sperling, Nicole (February 27, 2013). "'Jack the Giant Slayer' director faced some towering challenges". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- Kit, Borys (November 6, 2017). "'Shazam!' Finds Its Billy Batson with 'Andi Mack' Actor". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 23, 2018.