He started performing at the age of ten, but his breakthrough was a victory in the Dansk Melodi Grand Prix in 1961 with the song "Angelique", which went on to finish fifth in the Eurovision Song Contest. Following Angelique, Dario Campeotto released a number of records, starred in theatrical play, operettas, revues, and movies.
Dario Campeotto has been married twice and once lived in Italy with his former wife, actress Ghita Nørby, but returned to Denmark, where he is currently continuing his career. He has three children.
|2014||Mit skønne italien||12|
- "Dario på farten siden 1961 - Fyens Stiftstidende - Navne - Fødselsdag". Fyens.dk. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- "Den danske film database". Danskefilm.dk. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- "Billed-Bladet - Dario Campeotto fylder 70 år". Billedbladet.dk. 2009-02-01. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- Jeg har levet et hårdt liv. Portræt / interview: Dario Campeotto Ekstra Bladet | 31.01.1999 | Søndag | Side 20 |
- "Dario Campeotto discography". danishcharts.dk. Hung Medien. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Dario Campeotto discography". norwegiancharts.com. Hung Medien. Archived from the original on 4 November 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2014.