Dar al-Maal al-Islami Trust (Arabic: دار المال الإسلامي) ("The House of Islamic Money"), founded in Switzerland in 1981, is a leading Islamic financial institution with affiliates on four continents and assets under management of over US$3.6 billion, operating in accordance with Zakat principles of Islamic banking. Its slogan is "Allah is the purveyor of success."
|Abdulkarim Khaled Yusuf Abdulla|
|Revenue||over $3.6 billion USD|
Number of employees
|over 1,400 in three continents|
DMI Trust has two main business units, Takafol and Retakafol, for Islamic banking and Islamic insurance/reinsurance respectively; these are based in the Bahamas, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom. Fund management and financial services in Switzerland and Morocco, investment banking in Bahrain and Pakistan, commercial and retail banking in the Persian Gulf region and other parts of the world. Additionally, DMI Trust operates the Faisal Islamic Bank group of investment companies with affiliates in Bahrain, Egypt, Pakistan, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
- Ibrahim Mustafa Kamel – chairman until October 17, 1983; according to Douglas Farah, Kamel was among the early financial backers of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Prince Mohammed bin Faisal Al Saud – chairman after 1983.
- Omar A. Ali – CEO from 1986 to 1999.
- Abdulkarim Khaled Yusuf Abdulla – became chairman in 2002.
- Haydar Mohamed bin Laden – BOS member