Daphne Loves Derby
Daphne Loves Derby is an American Indie rock band that formed in Kent, Washington, in 2001. They have released three studio albums, the third in 2007 titled Good Night, Witness Light, peaking at number 30 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. The band was featured on Billboard's official website following the release of the album.
Daphne Loves Derby
Kenny Choi at Rock 'n Roosevelt at UC San Diego
|Genres||Indie rock, Alternative rock|
|Labels||Outlook Records (former)|
|Past members||Spencer Abbott|
Much of their popularity comes from the website PureVolume, where they were the first band to a million plays. (They now have over 5,600,000 plays) For a time, they held the number one spot on PureVolume's Unsigned Artists page, but in 2005 they signed onto Outlook Music/Universal Records. The band has been featured in the Bamboozle Left tours numerous times, as well as playing the Ernie Ball "local heroes" stage at Warped Tour. They have had several releases, including their self-titled debut album, On the Strength of All Convinced, which was released on July 26, 2005. Their latest album, Good Night, Witness Light, was released on March 27, 2007. On March 3, 2011, The California Aggie online edition posted an interview with the band where Sparks said "We actually just recorded an album and we're working with a label to hopefully release it this summer. It was a good process and we recorded the whole thing in two weeks. So right now we're still kind of stewing on the extra thing to do with it."
On December 29, 2015, Kenny Choi and Jason Call appeared on The Casey Bates Podcast. On the program, they discussed their early history, their decision to stop touring, and streamed three previously unreleased songs.
On June 24, 2016 Jason Call posted a new Daphne Loves Derby track titled "Horrible Sound" online.
- Kenny Choi - Vocals/Lyrics/Rhythm Guitar
- Jason Call - Bass/Vocals
- Stu Clay - Drums
- Spencer Abbott - Lead Guitar
- David Sparks - Bass/Vocals
- Jude Zadaski - Keyboard (2008)
- A Sudden Change EP (2001)
- The Wonder Years EP (2003)
- Post Post EP (2004)
- Closing Down the Pattern Department (2004)
- Calm the Jock Down (2006)
- Acoustic EP (2006)
- Horrible Sound EP (2017)
- Hammers and Hearts (2005)
- Sundays (2006)
- That's Our Hero Shot (2007)
- Stranger, You and I (2007)
- Daphne Loves Derby at AllMusic
- "Artist Albums Chart History - Daphne Loves Derby". Billboard. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- Daphne Loves Derby. Billboard, November 11, 2007.
- Review: The Life and Times, Daphne Loves Derby. The A.V. Club, August 9, 2005.
- Review Archived 2013-05-24 at the Wayback Machine, Alternative Addiction, May 29, 2007.
- Review, Absolute Punk, March 28, 2007.
- Daphne Loves Derby Delights Fans with Intimate Coho Show on Saturday. California Aggie, March 5, 2011.
-  The Casey Bates Podcast - ep4 - Daphne Loves Derby