Daniel Zovatto (born June 28, 1991) is a Costa Rican film and television actor. Since 2012, he has starred in films of the horror genre, Beneath (2013), It Follows (2014), and Don't Breathe (2016), as well as the romantic comedy Laggies (2014). Zovatto made his television debut in 2014, guest starring in an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He has since held recurring roles as Gideon LeMarchal in Revenge (2014), and Jack in Fear the Walking Dead (2016).
Early life and careerEdit
Daniel Zovatto Blanco was born in San José, Costa Rica, on June 28, 1991 to Sylvia Blanco. After moving to New York City, Zovatto initially pursued theatre and was cast in a short film, The Return. He later moved to Los Angeles, where he made his feature film debut in the 2013 horror movie, Beneath, as Johnny. The independent film, released on May 3, 2013, was directed by Larry Fessenden, and marked Zovatto's first main role in a film. Later that year, he starred as Neils Hirsch in the horror drama film Innocence, opposite Linus Roache and Stephanie March.
In 2014, Zovatto made his television debut in season one episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., "Seeds". From May to October 2014, Zovatto had a 3 episode arc in ABC's soap opera drama series Revenge. His character, Gideon LeMarchal, dates Charlotte Grayson (Christa B. Allen) in the third and fourth seasons of the series. Zovatto's next film project was the romantic comedy Laggies, in the role of Junior, alongside actors including Chloë Grace Moretz, Keira Knightley, and Mark Webber. This was followed with his breakthrough role in the 2014 supernatural horror film, It Follows, as Greg Hannigan. The film received widespread critical acclaim.
Zovatto played a leading role in Don't Breathe, a horror film directed by Fede Álvarez. Cast as the character Money, the film premiered on March 12, 2016, at the South by Southwest film festival, and received a theatrical release in the U.S. on August 26, 2016. Although the film is set in Detroit, it was primarily shot in Hungary, with only a few views of the Detroit ruins shot in Detroit. Since 2016, Zovatto has had a recurring role on AMC's horror drama series Fear the Walking Dead, during the show's second season. While he does not appear in the premiere episode of season two, "Monster", Jack (Zovatto) is heard conversing with Alicia Clark (Alycia Debnam-Carey), after the latter responds to his distress calls over the radio. Debnam-Carey and Zovatto's characters share a romance in the succeeding episodes "Blood in the Streets" and "Captive", despite Jack and accomplices of his have kidnapped Clark and her stepfather.
|2012||The Return||Sebastian||Short film|
|2014||It Follows||Greg Hannigan|
|2017||Lady Bird||Jonah Ruiz|
|2014||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Seth Dormer||Guest; episode: "Seeds"|
|2014||Revenge||Gideon LeMarchal||Recurring; episodes: "Execution", "Renaissance", "Disclosure"|
|2016||Fear the Walking Dead||Jack||Recurring; episodes: "Monster", "Blood in the Streets", "Captive"|
|2017||Dimension 404||Zach||Episode: "Cinethrax"|
|2018||Here and Now||Ramón||Main cast|
|2019||Penny Dreadful: City of Angels||Detective Tiago Vega||Main cast|
- "Daniel Zovatto: Biography and Filmography". Hollywood.com. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Persaud, Christine (January 29, 2016). "Fear the Walking Dead casts It Follows star Daniel Zovatto". Digital Trends. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Ritman, Alex (March 3, 2015). "U.K. Box Office: 'Exotic Marigold' Sequel Topples 'Fifty Shades'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Dennis, Harvey (March 13, 2016). "SXSW Film Review: 'Don't Breathe'". Variety. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (January 28, 2016). "'Fear The Walking Dead' Casts Daniel Zovatto In Recurring Role". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Ge, Linda (January 28, 2016). "'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Talks Jack and Alicia's Relationship". TheWrap. Retrieved May 10, 2016.
- Petski, Denise (August 8, 2016). "'Orange Is The New Black's Madeline Brewer Among Seven Cast In Bret Easton Ellis' 'The Deleted'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 19, 2016.