Daniel Porter (born 13 February 1992), known professionally as Daniel Portman, is a Scottish actor. He is best known for playing the role of Podrick Payne in the television series Game of Thrones (2012–2019).
13 February 1992
|Education||Shawlands Academy |
Reid Kerr College
|Parent(s)||Ron Donachie |
Portman is the son of actor Ron Donachie and Fiona Biggar, and has a sister Naomi. He was born in Glasgow and grew up in Strathbungo on the city's Southside. He attended Shawlands Academy, where he played rugby and was named Head Boy. He then pursued a Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Acting at Reid Kerr College in Paisley.
Portman has been acting since he was 16 years old. His first role was in 2010's Outcast, in which he starred as Paul. This was followed by a role in popular Scottish soap opera River City. His second film role was a small part in Scottish comedy The Angels' Share. It was announced on 24 August 2011 that he was cast as Podrick Payne in the award-winning HBO fantasy drama series Game of Thrones. He portrayed this role from the second season to the final season. He contributed vocals to a version of the track "Jenny's Song" that featured in the episode "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms".
|2012||The Angels' Share||Sniper's pal|
|2015||Wasteland 26: Six Tales of Generation Y||Ted|
|The Last Supper||Delivery guy||Short|
|2018||In the Cloud||Max Kavinsky|
|2019||Robert the Bruce||Angus McDonald|
|2012–2019||Game of Thrones||Podrick Payne||35 episodes|
|2021||Vigil||Chief Petty Officer Gary Walsh||Miniseries|
- Callan, Isaac (20 May 2019). "The fate of Glasgow's Game of Thrones character has been confirmed". Glasgow Live. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- "My Favourite Holiday Daniel Portman". 20 April 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- "US acting star passes on drama tips". Paisley Daily Express. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Daniel Portman cast as Podrick Payne in Game of Thrones". Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Game of Thrones season 5 filming kicks into high gear in Belfast". Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Miller, Matt (22 April 2019). "Game of Thrones Fan Favorite Daniel Portman Has Big Pod Energy". Esquire. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- Pearce, Tilly (24 April 2019). "Game of Thrones' Podrick thanks fans for praising singing voice in Jenny's Song". Metro. Retrieved 8 May 2022.