Daniel Jenkins (born January 17, 1963) is an American actor, best known for his stage work on Broadway, including his 1985 role as Huckleberry Finn in Roger Miller's Big River, for which he was nominated for a Tony Award.
|Born||January 17, 1963|
Jenkins was born to actors Ken Jenkins and Joan Patchen. He acted in high school plays and community theatre, before enrolling in the apprentice program at Actors Theatre of Louisville. In 1986, Jenkins and his father both appeared together on Broadway in the musical Big River.
Jenkins was nominated for a Tony Award in 1985 for his role as Huckleberry Finn in Big River, his Broadway debut. In 2003, he performed in the Tony nominated "Deaf West" signed revival of Big River, this time portraying Mark Twain and also performing as the voice for signed character Huckleberry Finn. Jenkins has had notable performances in several other Broadway musicals, including Mary Poppins, Billy Elliot, and Big (musical).
On screen, Jenkins played one of the lead roles in Robert Altman's film O.C. and Stiggs, shot in 1984 but not released until 1988,. He again worked with Altman in his 1988 miniseries Tanner '88. On HBO he appeared on the cable channel's adventure film Florida Straits costarring alongside Raul Julia and Fred Ward. Other notable appearances include: The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial (TV Movie), Cradle Will Rock, The Good Wife, Veep, and Orange Is The New Black.
In October 2008, Jenkins, along with Robert Stanton, wrote and performed in the play Love Child: Only Two Men on Stage, but They Turn Into a Crowd at New World Stages in New York City.
- Big River - Huckleberry Finn
- Angels in America: Millennium Approaches - Prior Walter
- Angels in America: Perestroika - Prior Walter
- Big (musical) - Josh Baskin
- Wrong Mountain - Clifford Pike / Stevens
- Mary Poppins (musical) - George Banks
- Billy Elliot - Dad
- Golden Boy - Barker
- Oslo - Jan Egeland / Ron Pundak
- Kid Victory (Off-Broadway musical) - Dad/Joseph.
- Jenkins, Ken (January 7, 1986). "Playbill: Ken Jenkins performer". www.playbill.com. Playbill.
Replacement: The Duke
- "Tony Awards Database Search". www.tonyawards.com. Tony Awards. August 2, 2017. Retrieved August 2, 2017.
Search: Daniel Jenkins
- Broadwy Cast: Daniel Jenkins
- "A Look at High School In 'O.C. and Stiggs'", The New York Times, March 18, 1988
- Kid Victory at Vineyard Theatre
- Daniel Jenkins at the Internet Broadway Database
- Daniel Jenkins at the Internet Off-Broadway Database
- Daniel Jenkins on IMDb
- Daniel Jenkins - Official website
|This article about an American theatre actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|