|Born||9 July 1995|
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Plays||Right-handed (two-handed backhand)|
|Career record||1–2 (at ATP Tour level, Grand Slam level, and in Davis Cup)|
|Highest ranking||No. 525 (February 27, 2017)|
|Current ranking||No. 849 (March 16, 2020)|
|Career record||2–0 (at ATP Tour level, Grand Slam level, and in Davis Cup)|
|Highest ranking||No. 690 (February 3, 2020)|
|Current ranking||No. 723 (March 16m 2020)|
|Last updated on: July 22, 2020.|
During his junior year at the University of Southern California from November 13, 2019, until the close of competition in 2020, Cukierman was ranked No. 1 in the US in singles among men’s college tennis players in the 2019–20 Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Division I Men’s Individual National Rankings.
Cukierman was born in Tel Aviv, Israel, to Galia and businessman Edouard Cukierman (chairman of Cukierman & Co. Investment House). He has two brothers, Michael and Ariel. He attended Ironi Daled High School in Tel Aviv.
Cukierman reached the singles finals at the 2016 Greece F9 Futures, and the 2016 Israel F14 Futures and F13 Futures, and reached the doubles final at the 2016 Israel F15 Futures. In December 2017, he won the Israel National Championship in doubles. In December 2019, he won the Israel National Championship in singles.
In January 2020, partnering with Riley Smith, Cukierman won the M25 Los Angeles doubles championship.
In 2017 Cukierman started his studies at the University of Southern California (USC), where he is playing for the USC Trojans tennis team. Cukierman said: "My feeling is to go to college, and after college, I can go pro and try my chances. And if it doesn’t work, I have my degree, so I’ll have other options. I feel like it’s better to start studying when you’re 22 (because I was in the Army) than when you’re 32." He began as an international relations major, and switched to real estate development.
In his freshman year in 2017–18 he was ranked No. 62 in the US in singles, and won All-Pac-12 Second Team honors. Cukierman went 16–5 in singles and 15–4 in doubles with Tanner Smith, and at the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) National Team Indoor Championships he was named to the All-Tournament Team at No. 3 doubles.
At the close of his sophomore year in 2018–19 Cukierman was ranked No. 21 in the US in singles, having reached No. 4 in singles and No. 21 in doubles rankings on February 6, 2019. He was named to All-Pac-12 First Team, and received Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention. He went 34–11 in singles. In doubles, he was 26–11, playing again primarily with Tanner Smith. In October 2018, he won the Southern California Intercollegiate Singles title. He also won the Oracle ITA National Fall Singles Championship.
While team captain during his junior year, from November 13, 2019, until the close of competition in 2020, Cukierman was ranked No. 1 in the US in singles among men’s college tennis players in the 2019–20 ITA Division I Men’s Individual National Rankings. He was the first USC player to be ranked #1 in the nation since Steve Johnson in 2012. He was 26–2 in singles in 2019–20. He won the singles title and the doubles title (with Riley Smith) at the Sherwood Collegiate Cup in Thousand Oaks, California, and also won the Oracle Pro Series ITA Masters championships in singles and doubles (also with Smith). He and Smith ranked No. 5 in the US in doubles when competition was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States. He was the Pac-12 Player of the Week on January 21 and February 18, 2020, and the UTR/ITA Player of the Week on February 18. He was named to the ITA National Team Indoor Championship All-Tournament team at No. 2 singles, and at No. 1 doubles with Smith. He was also named a 2020 ITA All-American.
Cukierman plays for the Israel Davis Cup team in the Davis Cup. He was first nominated to the team for the 2017 Davis Cup, and played in a match against Portuguese tennis player Frederico Ferreira Silva. In March 2020 he won both singles (defeating Cem Ilkel, ranked #195 in the world, 7–6(4), 6–2 and doubles (with Australian Open doubles champion Jonathan Erlich; defeating Yanki Erel and Ilkel, 6–3, 6–1) matches against Turkey at the Davis Cup Group 1 qualifiers in Antalya, Turkey.
- "Daniel Cukierman | Overview | Tennis". ATP Tour.
- Viva Sarah Press (January 9, 2020). "Off Court Advantage: Turning Athletes Into Star Investors"
- "Daniel Cukierman - Men's Tennis". USC Athletics.
- "Daniel Cukierman - 2017-18 Men's Tennis Roster," University of Southern California Official Athletic Site.
- Thakur, Pratik (September 26, 2019). "Cukierman will represent tennis team in Malibu". Daily Trojan.
- Parsa Nemati (September 23, 2017). "ATP Tour Vet Joins USC as Freshman". Cracked Racquets.
- "Freshmen to Watch: Daniel Cukierman; The USC Freshmen on staying motivated, perspective, and getting it done on and off the court," March 28, 2018.
- "Daniel Cukierman To Make His Way Back Up The Rankings". January 17, 2018.
- Leichman, Abigail Klein (June 21, 2020). "Meet the Israeli king of US college tennis". ISRAEL21c.
- "Sela, Khazaniuk return to Israel national finals". The Jerusalem Post.
- "שלי ברזניאק ודניאל צוקרמן אלופי ישראל בטניס". ynet. December 29, 2019.
- "Daniel Cukierman | Player Activity | Tennis". ATP Tour.
- Hyun, Nathan (October 31, 2018). "Cukierman wins first singles title". Daily Trojan.
- "Cukierman Captures Singles And Doubles Titles At Sherwood Cup". USC Athletics. January 20, 2020.
- "Daniel Cukierman & Riley Smith Earn ITA All-America Accolades; Cukierman is a first-time All-American in singles and doubles". USC Athletics. April 28, 2020.
- "Trojan Tennis Wraps 2020 On Top In Shortened Season". USC Athletics. March 27, 2020.
- Thakur, Pratik (January 22, 2020). "Tennis wins singles and doubles crown in Thousand Oaks". Daily Trojan.
- Allon Sinai (February 3, 2017). "Israel set to face Portugal in Davis Cup". The Jerusalem Post.
- "Full Line-Up Confirmed For Davis Cup Finals 2020". Tennis TourTalk. March 8, 2020.
- Daniel Cukierman at the Association of Tennis Professionals
- Daniel Cukierman at the International Tennis Federation
- Daniel Cukierman at the Davis Cup
- Daniel Cukierman on Instagram
- "Sports SCene Season 9, Episode 3: Daniel Cukierman In-Studio," Annenberg Media, February 20, 2019
- "USTA SoCal Exclusive: Meet USC Trojans Tanner Smith and Daniel Cukierman," USTA Southern California, May 20, 2019