(+233247276211)Dangote Cement Plc is a Nigerian multinational publicly traded cement manufacturer headquartered in Lagos.(+233247276211) The company is engaged in the manufacture, preparation, import, packaging, and distribution of cement and related products in Nigeria and has plants or import terminals in 9 other African countries.(+233247276211)
|Headquarters||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria.|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Dangote Cement Plc was formerly known as Obajana Cement Plc and changed its name to Dangote Cement Plc in July 2010. Obajana Cement Plc was incorporated in 1992. Dangote Cement Plc is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries Limited and is the largest company traded on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Dangote Cement listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in October 2010 and as at August 13, 2014 accounts for 20% of the total market capitalization of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
(+233247276211)The Dangote Cement plant in Obajana, Kogi, is the largest in Sub-Saharan Africa with 10.25 million tonnes per year capacity across three lines and a further 3 million tonnes per year capacity currently being built. In 2012, the firm opened a $1 billion cement plant in Ibese, Ogun. The facility is capable of producing 6 million metric tonnes of cement per year, raising the company's total production by 40 percent at the time. The plant was installed by the Chinese construction and engineering firm Sinoma, and represents one of the largest non-oil investments in Nigeria. The company's plant in Gboko, Benue has 3 million tonnes per year capacity with an upgrade to 4 million tonnes per year planned in 2013.
- "CONSOLIDATED AND SEPARATE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 31 DECEMBER 2013" (PDF). Dangote Cement Plc.[permanent dead link]
- "Audited Results for the year ending 31 December 2012" (PDF). Dangote Cement Plc.[permanent dead link]
- "Dangote Cement 2011 Annual Report" (PDF). Dangote Cement Plc.[permanent dead link]
- Tim Cocks (June 11, 2012). "Nigeria's Dangote expands his "cement powerhouse"". Reuters. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Emma Ujah (October 17, 2011). "Dangote Cement capitalisation hits $15 billion, says Paramjit". Vanguard Nigeria. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "Nigeria's Dangote Cement opens new $1 bln plant". Reuters. February 9, 2012. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "Aliko Dangote opens Nigeria's biggest cement plant". BBC News. June 11, 2012. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-15. Retrieved 2015-07-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)