|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Inker, Colourist|
|The Crimson Hand, Judge Dredd: Mega-City Zero, Firefly, Dega|
McDaid made his debut in Doctor Who Magazine, after sending a sample strip to then editor Clayton Hickman. His debut work for DWM was as writer of The First, a story where the Doctor meets Ernest Shackleton. He took part in Comic Book Resources' Comic Book Idol 2007, reaching the final three.
While the television series Doctor Who was off-air, McDaid wrote the 10th Doctor's continuing adventures, published in DWM, then collected in The Crimson Hand. In these stories, the Doctor finds himself with a new companion, Majenta Pryce, whom McDaid had created for the story Hotel Historia. Since then he has worked for Panini Comics, IDW, Oni Press, DC Comics, Dark Horse, Boom! Studios and Blank Slate.
McDaid was the comic book artist on the multi-media project, Vandroid, along with Tommy Lee Edwards. The project includes a 5 issue comic, an album and film. In 2014 he illustrated a story written by Irvine Welsh which was published in IDP:2043, as part of the Edinburgh Book Festival. He worked with Welsh again in 2018, contributing pages of art to his novel Dead Men's Trousers.
Personal life Edit
- Dega (writer and artist, 2021) Dr Ink Productions
- The Fearsome Doctor Fang (artist, issues 1–6, 2018) TKO Studios
- Dead Men's Trousers, written by Irvine Welsh (artist, 2018) Jonathan Cape
- Sea Dogs, written by Joe Hill (artist, 2019–2020)
- Doom Patrol (artist, issue 12, 2018)
- T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents (artist, issue 10, 2011)
- Superman 80-page Giant (artist, 2011)
- Judge Dredd: Mega-City Zero (artist, 2016)
- Doctor Who Annual 2011 (writer and artist)
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (artist, 2014–2015)
- Firefly, written by Greg Pak (artist, 2018–2020)
- Smoke/Ashes (artist, September, 2013)
- Catalyst Comix written by Joe Casey (artist, issues 1–9, 2013–2014)
- Vandroid (artist, 2014)
- The First (writer, issues 386–389)
- Hotel Historia (writer, artist and colourist, issue 394)
- Thinktwice (writer, issues 400–402)
- The Stockbridge Child (writer, issues 403–405)
- Mortal Beloved (writer, issues 406–407)
- The Age of Ice (writer, issues 408–411)
- The Deep Hereafter (writer, issue 412)
- Onomatopoeia (writer, issue 413)
- Ghosts of the Northern Line (writer, issues 414–415)
- The Crimson Hand (writer, issues 416–420)
- The Screams of Death (artist, issues 430–431)
- Apotheosis (artist, issues 435–437)
- The Cornucopia Caper (artist, issues 448–450)
- The Widow's Curse (writer, October 2009)ISBN 978-1846534294
- The Crimson Hand (writer and artist, May 2012) ISBN 978-1-84653-451-5
- The Child of Time (artist, October, 2012) ISBN 978-1846534607
- The Chains of Olympus (artist, September, 2013) ISBN 978 1846535581
- Jersey Gods (artist, issues 1-12, 2010)
- Lost Vegas (variant cover artist, issue 1, 2013)
- Lost Vegas (cover artist, ECCC exclusive, issue 1, 2013)
- Mind The Gap (artist, issues 9, 13–15, 2013)
- Sex (artist, issue 17, 2014)
- Cardwell, Mark (3 April 2008). "Talking Doctor Who with CBI Finalist Dan McDaid". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 3 April 2022.
- "Majenta Pryce (Character)". Comic Vine. Retrieved 27 December 2022.
- Phegley, Kiel (11 October 2012). "NYCC: Joe Casey & Dark Horse Reinvent "Catalyst Comix"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 3 April 2022.
- Parkin, John (12 October 2012). "NYCC | A round-up of news from Thursday". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 3 April 2022.
- Melrose, Kevin (10 October 2013). "NYCC '13 | Edwards brings 'Vandroid' to Dark Horse". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 3 April 2022.
- "Irvine Welsh joins team writing dystopian graphic novel". the Guardian. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 27 December 2022.
- "Evening Telegraph The Courier Combined". The Courier. Retrieved 27 December 2022.
- Milne, Scott. "Dundee artist chosen to illustrate return of Joss Whedon cult classic Firefly". The Courier. Retrieved 27 December 2022.
- Raynor, Joshua (1 August 2018). "Dan McDaid Brought On To Finish Up Doom Patrol #12". DC Comics News. Retrieved 27 December 2022.
- Dietsch, TJ (18 September 2014). "Moreci Rises To The Challenge Of "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 3 April 2022.
- "Hannah Berry | Books Interview | The Skinny". www.theskinny.co.uk. Retrieved 27 December 2022.
- "Nelson, edited by Rob Davis and Woodrow Phoenix – review". the Guardian. 18 November 2011. Retrieved 27 December 2022.