Dan Laustsen, ASC, DFF (born 15 June 1954) is a Danish cinematographer. He is a member of the Danish Society of Cinematographers and the American Society of Cinematographers. His career spans four decades and he has been nominated and won many prestigious awards, chiefly the Robert Awards. Laustsen has repeatedly collaborated with the Danish director Ole Bornedal on films such as Nightwatch and Just Another Love Story, and internationally with Guillermo del Toro, notably on the films Crimson Peak and The Shape of Water. Laustsen is also known for his work on the films Silent Hill and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, where the visual side of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was hailed as a "visual treat" in Variety.
Laustsen was born in Aalborg, to Aage Aarup Laustsen and Ellen Laustsen. He studied at the National Film School of Denmark (1976–1979) to pursue a career in cinematography. Laustsen has been involved in the production of feature films, documentaries, and advertisements.
|1986||Guldregn||Søren Kragh-Jacobsen||2 episodes|
|1990||Strømerliv||Peter Ringgaard||TV Series documentary|
|1991||The Boys from St. Petri||Søren Kragh-Jacobsen||Mini-series|
|1996||Charlot og Charlotte||Ole Bornedal||Mini-Series|
|1999||Dybt vand||TV movie|
|2009||Please Help the World||Mikkel Blaabjerg Poulsen||TV short|
|2013||Wallander||Lisa Ohlin||Episode "The Sad Bird"|
|1984||Dansk bladtegning: danske bladtegnere -
|Kirsten Stenbæk||Documentary short|
|1987||Ansigt til ansigt||Anne Wivel|
|2011||Bag Blixens maske||Morten Henriksen|
- "Dan Laustsen". DFF - Dansk Filmfotograf Forbund. Retrieved 2016-02-19.
- "Members". American Society of Cinematographers. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Fra Hollywood til Matas Interview: Dan Laustsen Politiken, 08.10.2003, 2. sektion, Side 4
- Todd McCarthy (Posted: Wed., Jul. 9, 2003, 4:00pm PT). "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Variety. Retrieved 1 March 2010. Check date values in:
- Med udlandet i søgeren Berlingske Tidende, 23.06.2006, 4 Sektion, AOK, Side 12 (in-depth interview)