- For the Belgian artist, see Danny Devos.
DeVos in 2017
|Alma mater||Northwood University (1980)|
|Employer||DP Fox Ventures|
Helen Van Wesep
|Relatives||Dick DeVos (brother)|
Doug DeVos (brother)
Since 1993, DeVos has served as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of DP Fox Ventures based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. DP Fox owns and operates Fox Motors, Fox Harley-Davidson, and Fox Powersports dealerships in Michigan and the Chicago area. The Fox companies collectively represent 41 brands at 28 locations. DeVos was a finalist for the National Automobile Dealer Association's Dealer of the Year award in 2017.
DeVos is a partner in CWD Real Estate Investment in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The company manages 3.2 million square feet of real estate in the western Michigan area, including several prominent downtown properties. The firm is downtown Grand Rapids' largest property owner.
DeVos previously served in several leadership roles at Amway, including vice president of corporate affairs, vice president of the Pacific region, vice president of North America distributor relations, and director of U.S. special events. He currently serves on Amway's board of directors.
DeVos is chairman of the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA), a position he's held since 2011 and chairman of the Orlando Magic Youth Foundation. Addressing reporters at the team's 2018 media day, DeVos spoke about the strong support from the Orlando community for the team since the DeVos family purchased it in 1991. DeVos: "We're just fortunate that Orlando's been a great place to have a team, with the community support here from the fans and from the sponsorship side. It's outstanding. They've been with us through our ups-and-downs, and we've always appreciated that about Orlando."
 He is the majority owner, president, and CEO of the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League (AHL). The team won the league championship, the Calder Cup, in 2013 and 2017. After the series clinching game on the team's home ice at Van Andel Arena in 2017, DeVos spoke with the Grand Rapids Press, saying, "What a great way to finish it. In front of a packed house celebrating a title after a great game. Grand Rapids showed again what a great hockey town it is."
He currently services on the board of directors for the West Michigan Sports Commission.
DeVos is a member of the board of trustees at Northwood University (Midland, MI), vice chairman of the executive committee for the Grand Valley State University Foundation (Allendale, MI), and a member of the board of trustees for the Hope Network Foundation.
Awards and honorsEdit
|IHL Executive of the Year||1996–97|||
- "Dan DeVos". Georgian International. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- Martinez, Shandra. "Amway Co-Founder Rich DeVos Draws Crowd at 'Meet and Greet' Book-Signing". MLive. Grand Rapids, MI: Booth Newspapers. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "Northwood University Board of Trustees". www.northwood.edu. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "Businessman is finalist for national Dealer of the Year award". www.grbj.com. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "CWD Celebrates 10 Years of Real Estate in Grand Rapids | CWD Real Estate Investment". www.cwdrealestate.com. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "CWD buys Fifth Third Center, consolidates downtown holdings". MLive.com. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "Dan DeVos - Alticor Board of Directors". Amway Global. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "Daniel Devos". Forbes. Retrieved May 23, 2014.
- "OMYF Board of Directors". Orlando Magic. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- Robbins, Josh. "Dan DeVos says his family has no intention to sell the Orlando Magic". OrlandoSentinel.com. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "Grand Rapids Griffins react to winning Calder Cup Trophy". MLive.com. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "Members". West Michigan Sports Commission. June 30, 2015. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "GVU Foundation Leadership - Directors - Laker Effect Campaign - Grand Valley State University". www.gvsu.edu. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- "Hope Network | Corporate Information | Hope Network Foundation Board of Directors". Hope Network. January 17, 2017. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- Wallner, Peter J. "Griffins Co-Owner Dan DeVos Confident over finals: 'We're not Planning on Going Back' to Syracuse". MLive. Grand Rapids, MI: Booth Newspapers. Retrieved May 23, 2014.