Damen Stan Lander 5612
The Damen Stan Lander 5612 is a landing craft designed by Damen Group. Damen's convention for the model numbers of its designs is that the first two digits are the vessel's length, in metres, while the last two are its beam.
The vessels are equipped with a large loading crane, and can be used to transport dozens of standard-sized shipping containers. They have a landing craft-style bow loading ramp, for wheeled vehicles, and can carry a mixture of shipping containers and wheeled vehicles. Vessels are designed for a crew of 16.
The Bahamas commissioned a special set of shipping containers which contain the basic components of an emergency hospital, for disaster relief, specifically to be deployed by its lander, HMBS Lawrence Major. When a serious fire struck a remote island the Bahamas used Lawrence Major to transport a fire engine to fight that fire.
|Presidente Manuel Amador Guerrero||Panama||SENAN||2018-05|||
|AB Los Frailes||Venezuela||Bolivarian Navy of Venezuela||2012-04|||
|AB The Witnesses||Venezuela||Bolivarian Navy of Venezuela|||
|AB Los Roques||Venezuela||Bolivarian Navy of Venezuela|||
|AB The Monks||Venezuela||Bolivarian Navy of Venezuela||December 14, 2018|||
|HMBS Lawrence Major||Bahamas||Royal Bahamas Defence Force|
- Sanjay Badri-Maharaj (November 30, 2016). "The Royal Bahamas Defence Force: Poised for Capability Growth". Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses. Archived from the original on April 15, 2019. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
The acquisition of the Damen Stan Lander is of particular note as its primary function is to assist in disaster relief operations and to this end, comes with containerised disaster relief packages which includes a 17-piece mobile base – locally termed the "Mobile Base City". These resources were deployed to assist the community of North Andros which suffered significant damage from Hurricane Matthew in October 2016.
- "HMBS Lawrence Major transports firefighting equipment to Crooked Island". Nassau Guardian. April 22, 2016. Archived from the original on October 2, 2016. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- "HMBS Lawrence Major Transports Firefighting Equipment to Crooked Island". Bahamas Weekly. Coral Harbour. April 21, 2016. Archived from the original on October 2, 2016. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
- "HMBS Lawrence Major Transports Firefighting Equipment to Crooked Island". Bahamas Local. April 21, 2016. Archived from the original on October 3, 2016. Retrieved September 29, 2016.
HMBS Lawrence Major, one of the nine vessels purchased under the Sandy Bottom Project, was procured to be used primarily in efforts like these, providing sustenance and relief to our far flung islands during disasters.
- "US donated Patrol boats to Panama's Servicio Nacional Aeronaval". New Delhi Times. November 14, 2018. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
In early May SENAN commissioned a Damen Stan Lander 5612 vessel, named Presidente Manuel Amador Guerrero (L-403), and in January the service received two Leonardo (AgustaWestland) AW139M helicopters and one Viking Air DHC-6-400 Twin Otter transport aircraft.
|This article about a specific naval ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|