Deep Silver Dambuster Studios Ltd. is a British video game developer based in Nottingham, England. The studio was set up by Deep Silver on 30 July 2014 to take over the development of Homefront: The Revolution from Crytek UK, which was closed later that same day, transferring all of its employees to Dambuster Studios.
|Founded||30 July 2014|
|Products||Homefront: The Revolution|
Number of employees
Dambuster Studios was founded on 30 July 2014. Its predecessor, Crytek UK (formerly known as Free Radical Design), was a subsidiary of Crytek. Crytek in 2014 suffered a financial crisis due to internal structuring, and was unable to pay wages to the staff members at the UK studio. The company at that time was working on Homefront: The Revolution, but Crytek decided to sell the franchise to Deep Silver and closed down the studio. Most of its staff members were moved to Dambuster Studios, a studio founded by Deep Silver, in accordance with British law, to continue Homefront: The Revolution's development. Dambuster Studios is the third Deep Silver in-house development team, following Volition and Fishlabs. By August 2019, Dambuster had taken over the development on Dead Island 2 from Sumo Digital, and had 140 employees.
|2016||Homefront: The Revolution||Linux, Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|2021||Chorus||Stadia, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X||Assisted Fishlabs|
|TBA||Dead Island 2||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
- Futter, Mike (30 July 2014). "Deep Silver Buys Homefront, UK Staff To Transfer To New Dambuster Studio, Crytek USA Scaled Back". Game Informer. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Sarker, Samit (30 July 2014). "Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio". Polygon. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Pereira, Chris (30 July 2014). "Crytek No Longer Developing Homefront, Sells Rights to Publisher Deep Silver". GameSpot. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Deep Silver Dambuster Studios takes over Dead Island 2 development". Gematsu. 14 August 2019. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- Wingefors, Lars (27 August 2019). "THQ Nordic Annual Report 2018/19" (PDF). Cision.
- "Dambuster Studios using public faces for new Homefront characters". BBC. 23 April 2015.
- "Chorus : Un Space Combat Shooter annoncé sur Xbox One et Xbox Series X". Xboxygen (in French). 7 May 2020. Retrieved 22 August 2020.
- August 2019, Heather Wald 14. "Dead Island 2 has another new developer, but at least it's still happening". gamesradar. Retrieved 22 August 2020.