Daily Racing Form
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)
The Daily Racing Form (DRF) (usually just referred to as the Racing Form) is a tabloid newspaper founded in 1894 in Chicago, Illinois, by Frank Brunell. The paper publishes the past performances of race horses as a statistical service for bettors on horse racing in North America.
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
In cooperation with the National Thoroughbred Racing Association and the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters Association, the Daily Racing Form selects the winners of the annual Eclipse Awards.
In 2007, the Wicks Group sold DRF to Arlington Capital Partners for nearly $200 million. Arlington sold the DRF's parent company, Sports Information Group (SIG), to Z Capital Partners in 2017 for less than $100 million. In 2021, Z Capital merged SIG into a sister company, Affinity Gaming, to form Affinity Interactive.
Notable DRF employees have included publisher emeritus Steven Crist, a former editor of the Harvard Lampoon and a reporter and columnist for The New York Times, cartoonist Pierre Bellocq (a.k.a. Peb), columnist Joe Hirsch, and longtime business manager Louis Iverson. Iverson reported to Annenberg for most of his tenure and was described as a manager who "threw nickels around like they were manhole covers".
The Daily Racing Form currently publishes 30 editions daily.
- "Corporate history at the Daily Racing Form official website". Archived from the original on 2006-09-02. Retrieved 2006-09-12.
- Claire Crosby (October 19, 2007). "Racing Form sold to Washington, D.C. company". The Blood-Horse. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- Dylan Stableford (August 23, 2007). "Bet on it: Wicks to sell Daily Racing Form for $200M". Folio Magazine. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- Frank Angst (July 27, 2017). "Z Capital Partners bets on DRF". The Blood-Horse. Retrieved 2021-08-03.
- "ZCG announces completion of merger creating Affinity Interactive" (Press release). Z Capital Group. July 6, 2021. Retrieved 2021-08-03 – via PR Newswire.
- "horseraceinsider.com". Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-05-17.