Daiene Vernile (born July 1, 1960) is a former politician in Ontario, Canada. She was a Liberal member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario from 2014 to 2018 who represented the riding of Kitchener Centre. She was a member of cabinet in the government of Kathleen Wynne.
Speaking at the Waterloo Region wide All Candidates Event at THE MUSEUM: Cultural Exchange 6.0, during the 2018 Ontario Provincial Election.
|Member of the Ontario Provincial Parliament|
for Kitchener Centre
January 12, 2014 – June 7, 2018
|Preceded by||John Milloy|
|Succeeded by||Laura Mae Lindo|
|Born||July 1, 1960|
She ran in the 2014 provincial election as the Liberal candidate in the riding of Kitchener Centre. She defeated Progressive Conservative candidate and former MPP Wayne Wettlaufer by 6,913 votes.
On January 17, 2018, Vernile was sworn into cabinet as Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
|Ontario Provincial Government of Kathleen Wynne|
|Cabinet post (1)|
|Eleanor McMahon||Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
January 17, 2018—June 29, 2018
- Debrone, Carrie (July 3, 2014). "Former television host Daiene Vernile wins Kitchener Centre for the Liberals". Kitchener Citizen. p. 3.
- "General Election by District: Kitchener Centre". Elections Ontario. June 12, 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-07-02.
- "Liberals secure big wins in Waterloo Region". CBC News. June 13, 2014.
- Mercer, Greg (June 12, 2014). "Vernile celebrates victory in rookie campaign". Archived from the original on 2014-10-27.
- "MPP Daiene Vernile joins cabinet, McGarry shuffled to transportation". CBC News. January 17, 2018.