Kim Da-hyun (born May 28, 1998), better known mononymously as Dahyun, is a South Korean singer and rapper. She is a member of the South Korean girl group Twice, under JYP Entertainment formed by the reality show Sixteen. In Gallup Korea's annual music poll for 2017, Dahyun was voted the 17th most popular idol in South Korea.
Dahyun in July 2018
|Birth name||Kim Da-hyun|
|Born||May 28, 1998|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Da-hyeon|
In 2015, Dahyun competed in Sixteen, a survival girl group reality show which determined the members of JYP Entertainment's new girl group, Twice. In the final episode of the event, she was selected to be one of the Twice members. On October 20, 2015, Twice officially debuted with the release of their first mini-album, The Story Begins and the main song "Like Ooh-Ahh". Their debut showcase was held on the same day.
In November 2018, the right wing Japanese lawmaker Onodera Masaru criticized Dahyun for wearing a T-shirt made by Marymond, an organization that raises funds for helping comfort women, victims of sexual slavery by the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II. Masaru accused Dahyun of being anti-Japanese and called for the removal of Twice from NHK's New Year show Kōhaku Uta Gassen. In the aftermath, The Korea Times criticized J. Y. Park, the founder of JYP, for failing to speak up in her defense.
|2017||"Missing U"||Twicetagram||With Earattack and Chaeyoung|
|2019||"Trick it"||Feel Special||With JQ|
|"21:29"||All Twice Members|
|2015||Sixteen||Contestant||Mnet||Survival show that determined Twice members|
|2016||Weekly Idol||Fixed panelist||MBC Every 1||"Idols are the Best" corner (Episode 249–283)|
|Real Man||Cast||MBC||Female edition 4 (7 episodes)|
|2019||Idol Star Athletics Championships||Announcer||MBC|||
Awards and nominationsEdit
- ":: TWICE :: (Profile)". JYP Entertainment – Twice. JYP Entertainment. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- Jeong, Jun-hwa (2015-04-13). "JYP 신인 걸그룹 프로젝트 '식스틴', 첫 멤버 나연 공개..비주얼+실력". OSEN. OSEN. Retrieved February 9, 2016.
- "2017년 올해를 빛낸 가수와 가요 - 최근 11년간 추이, 아이돌 선호도 포함" (in Korean). Gallup Korea. December 19, 2017.
- Peterson, Jacques (December 20, 2017). "IU dominated Gallup Korea's yearly music poll". SBS. Retrieved May 30, 2019.
- Kim, Yoon-jeong (2015-10-14). "박진영 교복 광고 찍은 걸그룹 '트와이스'는 누구? 공승연 동생에 SES 유진 닮은꼴까지… 준비된 '한류돌'". SportsQ (in Korean). Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Kim, Yu-jin. "Twice's Dahyun mentions her 'eagle dance'". K-pop Herald. Herald Corporation. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Jung, Jun-hwa. "'식스틴' 9인조 트와이스 탄생, 원더걸스·미쓰에이 이을까". JoongAng Stardium (in Korean). JoongAng Ilbo Co., Ltd. Archived from the original on July 8, 2015. Retrieved July 7, 2015.
- "KPOP NEWS – [Video] Twice Enters Girl Group Competition with ′Like OOH-AHH′ – Mwave". interest.me. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Kim, Dasol (November 15, 2018). "Japanese Politician Asks for Removal of TWICE from Kohaku Uta Gassen Because of Dahyun". Korea Daily. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- "Japanese right-wing lawmaker takes issues with TWICE member's T-shirt". Yonhap News Agency. November 16, 2018. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- Oh, Young-jin (May 3, 2019). "JYP is so uncool: losing identity and loyalty". Korea Times. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- "twicetagram". TWICE JYPE. October 30, 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2019.
- "TWICE THE 8TH MINI ALBUM Feel Special Track List". TWICE JYPE. 12 September 2019. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "'주간아이돌' 잭슨·다현·신비·주헌, '아이돌is뭔들' 합류". www.xportsnews.com (in Korean). April 6, 2016. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- "'진짜사나이' 다현, '변비'라는 최대 난관에 봉착하다". news.joins.com (in Korean). March 13, 2016. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- "의도치 않게 '아육대'에서 남돌들 조련한 다현.gif". dispatch.co.kr (in Korean). February 7, 2019. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Da-hyun.|