This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Duffye|
|Born||14 April 1989|
Life and careerEdit
Dafina Zeqiri was born on 14 April 1989 into a Kosovo Albanian family in the city of Varberg, Sweden. Zeqiri's father was distant to her and to her mother, and she quoted that they haven't had contacts for more than 23 years. During a TV show in Klan Kosova, Dafina's father made a public speech asking her to forgive him, but Dafina never made any replies. In 2014, Zeqiri made a song with Ledri Vula, a Kosovo-Albanian rapper from Pristina, whom she dated. There were a lot of rumors regarding their relationship, but they finally confirmed it during an acceptance speech in Videofest where the couple kissed. They later broke up.
In 2007, Dafina performed in Polifest Festival and is nominated for her song, "Rrallë e Përmallë," and eventually won the competition.
In 2008, Dafina she received a BOOM Award Nomination for her song "Adios," and was awarded with the audience award. In the same year, she launched her first album titled "Knock Down". Shortly afterwards, in her continued participation in "Kënga Magjike," she received the "First Magic" award with her song, "Bateritë".
In 2009, her fame grew after a dancing competition in "Op Labi Party (New Year 2009)" where Dafina won against the most popular singers in Kosovo due to her mesmerizing voice and dancing skills. The success continued with two collaborations with known singers Blero & F-Kay with the song "La Vida Loca" and Capital T & 2po2, "Shumë Naltë". Both songs turned into hits of the summer. In May 2009, she won "Best RNB" in Top Fest 6 with the song "Dua që ta di," a song which was a great success. Then Duffy'e also made the a mix of the song with the acclaimed DJ-Zap. In August, she was declared as "Female Superstar 2009" in Teksteshqip.com. In September, she attended the Awards with the song "Amazing Girl" and won the audience award for the third time. During 2009, two of her clips were very successful: "Shumë Larg" (directed by Stamps Pictures) and "Amazing Girl" (Directed by Entermedia).
In February 2010, Dafina sang live in RTK "Oxygen." After this show, Dafina traveled to Australia to shoot the clip of the song in English, "Rock This Club." The video clip of the song "Amazing Girl" by Dafina was the main winner of this year's edition of Music Videofest, sweeping away the award for best videospot, 'Best of All'. She was nominated in eight categories and won four of them.
In December 2011, Dafina Zeqiri released her newest album and a clip around the same time. In her album, the song D&G was included, a song she has made with the famous Albanian rapper Getoar Selimi, better known as "Geti". She has already launched her clip "Tonight," which is also included in the new album "Just Me". She launched 2 new music videos "Veç Ti" (later translated in English as "Your Love") and "Bloodah" which were successful.
In March 2017, following several months spent in the United States, the singer released "Four Season" as the lead single from her upcoming extended play King EP. In October 2017, she premiered the second single of the aforementioned extended play "Told Ya" and reached number one in Albania.
- Knock Down (2008)
- Just Me (2011)
- King EP (2017)
- "Dafina Zeqiri–Biografia". teksteshqip.com (in Albanian). Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Dafina Zeqiri–Bio". topawards.top-channel.tv (in Albanian). Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Dafina: Kam 23 vite që nuk flas me babin". Archived from the original on 2013-08-19. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Pas rrëfimit të babait, tani është rradha e motrës". Archived from the original on 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Ledri dhe dafina, çift?". Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "E vërteta e historisë me Ledrin". Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Dafina Zeqiri në Top Fest". Archived from the original on 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Dafina nuk din të ndalet". Archived from the original on 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "E lumtur pas suksesit të klipit të ri". Archived from the original on 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Duffye dominates in Videofest nominations!In a total she has 12 Videofest Awards". Archived from the original on 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Dafina Zeqiri: English version of "Veç ti"". Archived from the original on 2013-08-18. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Dafina Zeqiri publikon klipin e "Four Season"". koha.net (in Albanian). Koha. 8 March 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2020.
- "Dafina Zeqiri publikon këngën "Told Ya"". botasot.info (in Albanian). Bota Sot. 4 October 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2020.
- "Dafina Zeqiri kujton yjet e muzikës që ndërruan jetë". telegrafi.com (in Albanian). 29 September 2016. Retrieved 9 February 2020.