Daddy Cool (2009 Malayalam film)
Daddy Cool is a 2009 Indian Malayalam-language action-family thriller drama film starring Mammootty, Richa Pallod and Master Dhananjay. The film was the directorial debut of Aashiq Abu. The locations were Cochin and Hong Kong.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Aashiq Abu|
|Produced by||Bose Kurian|
|Written by||Aashiq Abu |
|Edited by||V. Sajan|
|Distributed by||Marikar Release|
The story line of the film is the escapades of a cricket crazy kid, all of eight years and his father, a cop. Antony Simon (Mammootty) is a crime branch CI, but prefers to spend his time fooling around with his son Aadi (Dhananjay). And being a Crime Branch police officer, his rather laid-back attitude is not appreciated by his peers and superiors. Richa Pallod portrays his wife who finds this irritating.
The father-son duo becomes friends with the famous national cricketer Sreekanth (Govind Padmasurya) when they save him from some street fight. Once while the father-son duo was out for shopping, Aadi saw a man with the gun and screams at his father. Simon turns back and shoots him but he kills the wrong person. Simon now faces murder charges and is suspended from duty.
Later that day, Aadhi is found missing. Simon being a cop, the entire police force in the district is in search. They find that the one who was killed by Simon was part of the gang who were trying to get Sreekanth into a match-fixing deal and now they are trying to get revenge on Simon for killing one of their gang members. They have abducted Aadi. The rest of the film is how Simon fights the gang and gets his kid back from them with brave ways.
- Mammootty as CI Antony Simon
- Master Dhananjay as Adi Antony
- Govind Padmasoorya as Cricket player Sreekanth
- Richa Pallod as Annie Simon
- Biju Menon as Roy
- Daniel Balaji as Shiva
- Indrajith Sukumaran
- Baburaj as Soman
- Suraj Venjaramood as Ainkutty
- P. Sreekumar as Annie's father
- Babu Swamy
- Rajan P. Dev as Roy's father
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Bheem Bhai
- Radhika as Annie's sister
- Bipin Chandran as The News Reader (cameo appearance)
- Ambika Mohan as Annie's mother
- Lena Kumar as Adi's teacher
- Nikita Thukral as item number in the song "Saamba Salsa".
The film features a successful soundtrack, consisting of 6 songs, composed by Bijibal.
|1.||"Daddy Cool"||R. Venugopal||Gayatri Suresh|
|2.||"Daddy My Daddy"||Santhosh Varma||Swetha Mohan, Sanand Unnithan, Aditya Krishna, Amrutha Krishna, Anju Bhaskaran|
|5.||"Samba"||Santhosh Varma||Jassie Gift|
|6.||"Samba Salsa"||Santhosh Varma||Anuradha Sriram, Jassie Gift|
- the movie was realesed on August 19, 2015 worldwidely."From Maharaja's to Mollywood, the success journey on". Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 2018-01-07.