Dacre Montgomery (born 22 November 1994) is an Australian actor. He is best known for his role as Jason the Red Ranger in the 2017 reboot of Power Rangers. He will appear in the second season of Stranger Things in late October 2017.
Montgomery at the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con
22 November 1994 |
Montgomery was born in Perth, Australia, to a Canadian mother and a New Zealander father. They both work in the screen industry in Perth. He began performing on screen and in theater at the age of nine.
Montgomery's career started in the short film Bertrand the Terrible as Fred, in 2010. In 2011, he was in a TV Pilot called Family Tree.  Montgomery starred as Jason, the Red Ranger, leader of the Power Rangers, in the Power Rangers feature film reboot. The film was released in 2017. He will also star in the sequel to the Australian comedy A Few Best Men, titled A Few Less Men, as Mike.
|2016||Better Watch Out||Jeremy|
|2017||Power Rangers||Jason Scott / Red Ranger|
|Stranger Things||Billy||Season 2|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Category||Nominee / Work||Result|
|2017||Choice Sci-Fi Movie Actor||Power Rangers||Nominated|
- Justin Kroll. "'Power Rangers' Movie Casts its Red Ranger". Variety. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "WAAPA student named new Power Ranger". yahoo.com. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "Our boy Dacre Montgomery who starred in... - Make Them Suffer - Facebook".
- Jeff Sneider (20 October 2015). "'Power Rangers' Movie Casts Newcomer Dacre Montgomery as Red Ranger". TheWrap.
- "A Few Less Men". IMDb.
- Petski, Denise (14 October 2016). "‘Stranger Things’ Netflix Series Adds Two New Regulars, Promotes Two For Season 2". Deadline.com. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- Power Rangers, NOW (13 July 2017). "Power Rangers Movie Nominated For 6 Teen Choice Awards".