DL postcode area
Postcode district boundaries:
The DL postcode area,', is a group of postcode districts around Barnard Castle, Bedale, Bishop Auckland, Catterick Garrison, Crook, Darlington, Ferryhill, Hawes, Leyburn, Newton Aycliffe, Northallerton, Richmond, Shildon and Spennymoor in England.
|Darlington postcode area|
|Postcode area name||Darlington|
|Statistics as at February 2012|
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
|Postcode district||Post town||Coverage||Local authority area|
|DL2||DARLINGTON||Staindrop, Gainford, Darlington new estates||County Durham, Darlington|
|DL3||DARLINGTON||Darlington (west), Faverdale, Coatham Mundeville||Darlington|
|DL5||NEWTON AYCLIFFE||Newton Aycliffe, Heighington||County Durham|
|DL6||NORTHALLERTON||Northallerton (east), Ingleby Cross||North Yorkshire|
|DL7||NORTHALLERTON||Northallerton (west), Romanby, Leeming Bar||North Yorkshire|
|DL8||BEDALE, HAWES, LEYBURN||Wensleydale, Bedale||North Yorkshire|
|DL9||CATTERICK GARRISON||Catterick Garrison||North Yorkshire|
|DL10||RICHMOND||Richmond, Catterick, Brompton-upon-Swale, Scotch Corner||North Yorkshire|
|DL11||RICHMOND||Swaledale, Reeth, Low Row, Arkengarthdale||North Yorkshire, Cumbria|
|DL12||BARNARD CASTLE||Barnard Castle, Bowes, Middleton-in-Teesdale||County Durham|
|DL13||BISHOP AUCKLAND||Stanhope, Frosterley, Wolsingham, Tow Law||County Durham, Cumbria|
|DL14||BISHOP AUCKLAND||Bishop Auckland, Evenwood||County Durham|
|DL15||CROOK||Crook, Willington||County Durham|
|DL17||FERRYHILL||Ferryhill, Chilton, Cornforth, Bishop Middleham||County Durham|
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. February 2012. Table 2. Retrieved 21 April 2012. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- "Non Geographic Codes" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 14 December 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 20 December 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 17 August 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 17 August 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 21 August 2012.