DL postcode area
Postcode district boundaries:
The DL postcode area, also known as the Darlington postcode area, is a group of postcode districts around Barnard Castle, Bedale, Bishop Auckland, Catterick Garrison, Crook, Darlington, Ferryhill, Hawes, Leyburn, Newton Aycliffe, Northallerton, Richmond, Shildon and Spennymoor in England.
|Darlington postcode area|
|Postcode area name||Darlington|
|Statistics as at February 2012|
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
|Postcode district||Post town||Coverage||Local authority area|
|DL2||DARLINGTON||Staindrop, Gainford & Darlington new estates||County Durham, Darlington|
|DL3||DARLINGTON||Darlington West, Faverdale, Coatham Mundeville||Darlington|
|DL5||NEWTON AYCLIFFE||Newton Aycliffe & Heighington||County Durham|
|DL6||NORTHALLERTON||Northallerton East & Ingleby Cross||North Yorkshire|
|DL7||NORTHALLERTON||Northallerton West, Romanby, Leeming Bar||North Yorkshire|
|DL8||BEDALE, HAWES, LEYBURN||Wensleydale & Bedale||North Yorkshire|
|DL9||CATTERICK GARRISON||Catterick Garrison||North Yorkshire|
|DL10||RICHMOND||Richmond, Catterick, Brompton-upon-Swale & Scotch Corner||North Yorkshire|
|DL11||RICHMOND||Swaledale, Reeth, Low Row & Arkengarthdale||North Yorkshire, Cumbria|
|DL12||BARNARD CASTLE||Barnard Castle, Bowes & Middleton-in-Teesdale||County Durham|
|DL13||BISHOP AUCKLAND||Stanhope, Frosterley, Wolsingham & Tow Law||County Durham, Cumbria|
|DL14||BISHOP AUCKLAND||Bishop Auckland & Evenwood||County Durham|
|DL15||CROOK||Crook & Willington||County Durham|
|DL17||FERRYHILL||Ferryhill, Chilton, Cornforth & Bishop Middleham||County Durham|
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. February 2012. Table 2. Retrieved 21 April 2012. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- "Non Geographic Codes" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 14 December 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 20 December 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 17 August 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 17 August 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 21 August 2012.