Mark Jordan (born June 29, 1969), better known by his stage name DJ Pooh, is an American record producer, rapper, actor, voice actor, screenwriter and film director who has produced albums for many rappers such as Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, and 2Pac.
|Birth name||Mark Jordan|
|Born||June 29, 1969|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Labels||Lench Mob, Big Beat, Atlantic|
Most known for his acting role as "Red" in the first Friday movie with Ice Cube, DJ Pooh co-wrote Friday and helped with character development. As a legendary record producer and mixing engineer, DJ Pooh has produced albums for 2Pac, Ice Cube, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, LL Cool J, Yo-Yo, Tha Dogg Pound, King T and many more. In 1986–1987, DJ Pooh provided production for LL Cool J's second album, Bigger and Deffer. The album was certified double-platinum. He also produced 2Pac's All Eyez on Me in 1995. The album is certified diamond. He provided the bulk of the production for Snoop Dogg's second album, Tha Doggfather, in 1996. The album is certified double-platinum. DJ Pooh began in film by producing the drive-by shooting sequence in the 1991 film, Boyz n the Hood. He plays all three "Mack" characters in the video for the Ice Cube song "Who's the Mack?" from AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted. He has also written, produced and directed his own films, which include the 2000 film 3 Strikes and 2001's The Wash, which stars Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. DJ Pooh has been credited as co-producer and writer to the successful game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. He was a creative consultant on Grand Theft Auto V and is also a co-writer of the online version, making several cameo appearances, in addition to being a DJ on the radio station "West Coast Classics" within the game. DJ Pooh also appeared in 3 episodes of The Boondocks.
|Bad Newz Travels Fast
- Friday – Red, co-writer
- Next Friday - Himself (uncredited)
- 3 Strikes – Trick Turner / Taxi Driver, director and writer
- The Wash – Slim, director, producer and writer
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – co-producer & writer
- The Boondocks – Mudpie / Speaker #2 / Crowd Member / Laughing Funeral Attendee (voice only)
- Freaknik: The Musical – Doela Man (voice only)
- Grand Theft Auto V – creative consultant, DJ on West Coast Classics radio station
- Grand Theft Auto Online – cameo as himself, also writer
- Grow House – director and writer
- "DJ Pooh | Biography, Albums, Streaming Links". AllMusic. Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- "DJ Pooh". IMDb. Retrieved January 11, 2020.
- "Official website of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. - Ars Gratia Artis". MGM.com. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- ELVIS MITCHELL (November 15, 2001). "FILM REVIEW; With Just a Hint of a Plot, Taking It Easy. Very Easy". New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- Uploaded on (February 24, 2007). "Who's The Mack by Ice Cube". YouTube. Archived from the original on December 12, 2021. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- "Djpooh.com". Djpooh.com. Retrieved April 18, 2017.
- Dyer, Mitch (August 23, 2013). "IGN.com". IGN.com. Retrieved April 18, 2017.