This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Martin Smith |
|Also known as||DJ Graffiti|
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, USA|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, and producer|
He is a graduate of the University of Michigan's Ross Business School and Michigan Law School. He began DJing his freshman year of college, releasing Mix Tapes of underground hip-hop soon after featuring tracks by artists such as Jurassic 5, J Live, Athletic Mic League, People Under The Stairs and Mr. Lif. Graffiti does produce original tracks as well, including “Underground Raw,” which features the Eminem protégé Obie Trice. Since then DJ Graffiti has been called "the underground mix tape king of Michigan," partially due to a nomination he received at the Detroit Rap Awards.
DJ Graffiti received the title "Best DJ" in 2010 by Real Detroit Weekly which called him "our town’s premier DJ". The magazine The Promoter deemed DJ Graffiti "an icon in Michigan's underground hip-hop community." He is also featured in the 2003 edition of the book The All Music Guide to Hip Hop.
- ECHLIN, HOBEY. (March 5, 2003). "DJ GRAFFITI: MIX-TAPE MAESTRO BLASTS THE BLING-BLING". Metro Times.
- CUNNINGHAM, JONATHAN . (May 7, 2008). "MOTOR CITY CRIBS". Metro Times.
- WARREN, TAMARA. (January 31, 2003). "LOCAL DJ SPOTLIGHT: GRAFFITI". Detroit Free Press.
- LELIEVRE, ROGER . (November 18, 2007). "GRAFFITI MIXES IT UP". Ann Arbor Newspaper.
- (February 23, 2010). . Real Detroit Weekly.
- (2009). . Urb Magazine.
- (2003). . Billboard.
- (2003). . VH1.