|, C14orf66, DES2, FADS8, delta(4)-desaturase, sphingolipid 2, delta 4-desaturase, sphingolipid 2|
This gene encodes a bifunctional enzyme that is involved in the biosynthesis of sphingolipids in human skin and in other phytosphingolipid-containing tissues. This enzyme can act as a sphingolipid delta(4)-desaturase, and also as a sphingolipid C4-hydroxylase.
- GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000168350 - Ensembl, May 2017
- GRCm38: Ensembl release 89: ENSMUSG00000021263 - Ensembl, May 2017
- "Human PubMed Reference:". National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- "Mouse PubMed Reference:". National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- "Entrez Gene: Delta(4)-desaturase, sphingolipid 2".
- Devlin CM, Lahm T, Hubbard WC, Van Demark M, Wang KC, Wu X, Bielawska A, Obeid LM, Ivan M, Petrache I (Nov 2011). "Dihydroceramide-based response to hypoxia". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 286 (44): 38069–38078. doi:10.1074/jbc.M111.297994. PMC 3207482. PMID 21914808.
- Aouizerat BE, Vittinghoff E, Musone SL, Pawlikowska L, Kwok PY, Olgin JE, Tseng ZH (2011). "GWAS for discovery and replication of genetic loci associated with sudden cardiac arrest in patients with coronary artery disease". BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. 11: 29. doi:10.1186/1471-2261-11-29. PMC 3141757. PMID 21658281.
- Mizutani Y, Kihara A, Igarashi Y (Apr 2004). "Identification of the human sphingolipid C4-hydroxylase, hDES2, and its up-regulation during keratinocyte differentiation". FEBS Letters. 563 (1–3): 93–97. doi:10.1016/S0014-5793(04)00274-1. PMID 15063729.
|This article on a gene on human chromosome 14 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|