DAS Handling Limited, is an airport ground handling service company in Uganda. It is the second-largest ground handling company at Entebbe International Airport, (IATA: EBB, ICAO: HUEN), Uganda's largest civilian and military airport, behind market leader Entebbe Handling Services.
Number of locations
|Entebbe International Airport|
|Services||Ground Handling |
|Owner||Das Handling Limited|
Number of employees
The company maintains its corporate headquarters at Sebugwawo Drive, Entebbe International Airport, Entebbe, Uganda. This location lies approximately 42 kilometres (26 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that East African country. The coordinates of the headquarters of DAS Handling Limited are:0°02'24.0"N, 32°27'03.0"E (Latitude:0.040000; Longitude:32.450833).
DAS Handling Limited is a ground services provider at Entebbe International Airport, Uganda's largest and busiest civilian and military airport, behind market leader, Entebbe Handling Services. The company handles several international airlines including:
The company was formed in 1996, as the self-handling ground unit for the aircraft group Dairo Air Services. In 2002, DAS Handling Limited was granted a renewable, five-year, commercial operator's license. This authorization allowed the company to compete for services to other airlines outside its parent group. In May 2014, the company attained ACC3/RA3 European Union ground handling certification. In August 2014, DAS Handling Limited successfully completed the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO). Following that successful audit, the company became one of 154 ground service providers worldwide who had successfully registered under the IATA ISAGO programme at that time.
- Uganda Business News (27 November 2017). "Sam Kutesa 'looking to sell his stake in Enhas'". Kampala: Ugabusiness.com. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "Road Distance Between Entebbe International Airport And Kampala". Globefeed.com. 24 August 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Google (23 August 2014). "Location of the Headquarters of DAS Handling Limited" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Khisa, Isaac (9 August 2014). "Airlines To Pay More for Cargo Handling At Entebbe". The EastAfrican (Nairobi). Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Kisambira, Edris (24 July 2006). "DAS Gets Cargo Handling Deal". East African Business Week (Kampala). Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- DASHL. "History of DAS Handling Limited". DAS Handling Limited (DASHL). Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Vision, Reporter (21 May 2014). "Entebbe Airport Cargo Handling Firm Gets EU Nod". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Olanyo, Joseph (22 August 2014). "Uganda: DAS Handling Gets Global Certification". The Observer (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- Profile of DAS Handling Limited At Centre For Aviation (CAPA)
- DAS Air Cargo Logistics And Transportation Services