|Population||1,172 (2011 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Mid and West Wales|
|Senedd Cymru – Welsh Parliament|
Cwmllynfell has its own local rugby union team - Cwmllynfell RFC. Also, a bilingual primary school, supermarket, post office, village hall, church and chapels. Nearby there is the Black Mountain which supplies views to the village.
The electoral ward consists of some or all of the following areas: Blaen-nant, Bryn-Melyn, Celliwarog, Cwmllynfell, Rhiw-fawr in the parliamentary constituency of Neath. Cwmllynfell is bounded by the wards of Quarter Bach of Carmarthenshire to the northeast; Cwmtwrch of Powys to the east; Ystalyfera to the southeast; Pontardawe to the southwest; Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen to the west and Lower Brynamman to the northwest.
|Hugh Jones||Plaid Cymru||283||Plaid Cymru gain|
In the 2012 local council elections the turn out was 49.78%. The results were:
|Clifford Richards||Labour||348||Labour hold|
|David James||Plaid Cymru||110|
- "Ward population 2011". Archived from the original on 12 April 2015. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Election Maps". Ordnance Survey.
- "Election results for Cwmllynfell: County Borough Council - Ordinary Elections - Thursday, 4th May, 2017". Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Earthquake felt across parts of UK". BBC News. 17 February 2018.
- "CWMLLYNFELL,SOUTH WALE". British Geological Survey. 17 February 2018.