|Location||Cwm, Blaenau Gwent|
|Original company||Monmouthshire Railway and Canal Company|
|Pre-grouping||Great Western Railway|
|Post-grouping||Great Western Railway|
|19 April 1852||Opened|
|30 April 1962||Closed to passengers|
|4 November 1963||Closed to goods traffic|
The station was originally opened by the Monmouthshire Railway and Canal Company on 19 April 1852. It became part of the Great Western Railway in 1880 and remained there at the Grouping of 1923. The line then passed on to the Western Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948. The station was closed to passengers by the British Transport Commission on 30 April 1962, remaining open for goods traffic until 4 November 1963.
A new station on the Ebbw Valley Railway, which would serve the community of Cwm, South Wales has been proposed. Planning permission has not yet been granted, and the station was not included in the first stage of the line reopening plan, which created a passenger service between Cardiff Central and Ebbw Vale Parkway in 2008.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
|Victoria (Blaenau Gwent)
Line and station open
|Great Western Railway
Monmouthshire Railway and Canal Company
Line open, station closed
|Ebbw Vale Parkway||Transport for Wales
Ebbw Valley Railway
- Conolly 2004, p. 43, section B2.
- Butt 1995, p. 75.
- Quick 2009, p. 142.
- Awdry 1990, p. 36.
- Awdry 1990, p. 13.
- Deans, David (26 March 2013). "Plan for station at Pye Corner near Newport could get £2.6m funding". South Wales Argus. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- Arriva (11 February 2008). "Arriva begins services on newly re-opened Ebbw Valley Railway". Archived from the original on 20 May 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- Awdry, Christopher (1990). Encyclopaedia of British Railway Companies. Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0049-7. OCLC 19514063. CN 8983.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Clinker, C.R. (1988) . Clinker's Register of Closed Passenger Stations and Goods Depots in England, Scotland and Wales 1830–1980 (2nd ed.). Bristol: Avon-Anglia Publications & Services. ISBN 978-0-905466-91-0. OCLC 655703233.
- Conolly, W. Philip (2004) . British Railways Pre-Grouping Atlas and Gazetteer. Hersham, Surrey: Ian Allan. ISBN 978-0-7110-0320-0.
- Quick, Michael (2009) . Railway passenger stations in Great Britain: a chronology (4th ed.). Oxford: Railway & Canal Historical Society. ISBN 978-0-901461-57-5. OCLC 612226077.