Cut and Run (film)
Cut and Run (Italian: Inferno in diretta) is a 1985 Italian exploitation thriller film directed by Ruggero Deodato, written by Cesare Frugoni and Dardano Sacchetti, and starring Lisa Blount, Leonard Mann, Willie Aames, Richard Lynch and Michael Berryman.
|Cut and Run|
Italian theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ruggero Deodato|
|Music by||Claudio Simonetti|
|Edited by||Mario Morra|
|Distributed by||CDE Compagnia Distribuzione Europea|
|8 August 1985|
The film follows a reporter (Lisa Blount) and her cameraman investigating a war in the jungles of South America between drug cartels and the cult-like cannibal army of Colonel Brian Horne (Richard Lynch).
- Lisa Blount as Fran Hudson
- Leonard Mann as Mark Ludman
- Willie Aames as Tommy Allo
- Richard Lynch as Colonel Brian Horne
- Richard Bright as Bob Allo
- Michael Berryman as Quecho
- Eriq La Salle as Fargas
- Valentina Forte as Ana
- John Steiner as Vlado
- Karen Black as Karin
- Gabriele Tinti as Manuel
- Ted Rusoff as Manuel's voice (uncredited)
- Barbara Magnolfi as Rita
- Luca Barbareschi as Bud
Cut and Run was originally slated to be directed by Wes Craven with the working title Marimba. It was initially going to star Tim McIntire, Dirk Benedict and Christopher Mitchum. The film was produced in two separate versions, a "softer" R-rated cut intended for the North American market, and a "harder" version for theatrical release in Europe. The latter features additional, graphic kill scenes and gore not present in the former. Several key sequences were shot twice, once with a "soft" take, and a second time with a "harder" take.
Cut and Run was released in Italy 8 August 1985. It was released direct-to-video in the United States by New World Pictures on 2 May 1986. After being absent on home video for many years, the film was released on Blu-ray by Code Red, with a new 2K restoration of the both the R-rated and Unrated cuts.
- "Inferno in diretta (1985)". Archviodelcinemaitaliano.it (in Italian). Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Brennan, Sandra. "Cut and Run (1985) - Ruggero Deodato | Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related". AllMovie. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano: I film. Gremese, 2000. ISBN 978-8877424235.
- Marco Giusti (1999). Dizionario dei film italiani stracult. Sperling & Kupfer. ISBN 978-8820029197.
- Gore, Father (2016-12-16). "Deodato Spearheads Corruption with CUT & RUN". Father Son Holy Gore. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- Stine 2003, p. 169.
- "Cut and Run". www.mondo-digital.com. Retrieved 2019-01-19.
- "Cut and Run". Ronin Flix. Retrieved 2019-01-19.