|Single by Slipknot|
|from the album .5: The Gray Chapter|
|Released||October 10, 2014|
|Slipknot singles chronology|
The song begins with percussionist Shawn Crahan describing what the tempo of the song should be. The track then quickly transgresses into one that is much more deep and forceful, opening the composition. The song contains lead vocalist Corey Taylor speaking in the manner of a radio announcer, and the line "Cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up". During concerts, percussionist Chris Fehn would usually sing the chorus with Corey.
Metal Hammer describes the work as having "an air of the self-titled about it with Sid's scratching in the background and almost poem-esque opening verse". ArtistDirect describes the tune as "'Surfacing 2015' with a massive refrain and Faith No More-esque groove that burns and blazes with evil and engaging panache." The Guardian praised "Custer" as well as "Sarcastrophe", noting "some huge choruses lurking within the repurposed death metal riffs and tribal clatter"
- "Slipknot Unleash Live Video for New Single 'Custer'". Loudwire. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- "Slipknot Stream Brutal New Album Track 'Custer'". Music Feeds. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Slipknot Unveil New Track 'Custer' Ahead of Album Release". Loudwire. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Listen to the new Slipknot track Custer". Metal Hammer. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Album Review: Slipknot ".5: The Gray Chapter" – 5 out of 5 stars". ARTISTdirect. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- Lawson, Dom. "Slipknot: .5: The Gray Chapter review – Iowan rockers' suitably unhinged return". The Guardian. Retrieved August 13, 2015.
- "The Negative One-Slipknot". Billboard. Retrieved 2009-10-22. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Slipknot Mainstream Rock Songs Chart History
|This 2010s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This metal song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|