Crown Prince Uigyeong
Crown Prince Uigyeong Korean: 의경세자 (1438 – 2 September 1457), former called Prince Dowon and posthumously honored as King Deokjong was a crown prince of the Korean Joseon Dynasty. He was the spouse of Queen Insu.
He was the eldest grandson of King Sejong the Great, eldest son of seventh King Sejo of Joseon and father of ninth King Seongjong of Joseon. He was titled as Prince Dowon until his father's accession to the throne. In 1450, he married with the daughter of Han Hwak, a diplomat and politician who became Left or Second State Councillor during the Sejo era.
In 1470, Uigyeong was posthumously honored as King Deokjong when his son, Seongjong accessed the throne, while his wife was honored as "Queen Insu" 인수왕비. Nevertheless, she had to wait until 1474 to be granted the Mother-of-the-King title, becoming Queen Dowager Insu 인수대비.
The tomb of Uigyeong is located at Gyeongneung Royal Tomb, Goyang (敬陵). This is a very simple one, since he was only a Crown Prince at his death in 1457. On the other hand, the 1504 tomb of his spouse was built in full regalia, and placed at the left of his tomb, since Insu was then the deceased Grand Queen Dowager, with the posthumous name Queen Sohye 소혜왕후.
- Father: King Sejo of Joseon (2 November 1417 – 23 September 1468) (조선 세조)
- Mother: Queen Jeonghui of the Papyeong Yun clan (8 December 1418 – 6 May 1483) (정희왕후 윤씨)
- Grandfather: Yun Beon (1384 - 1448) (윤번)
- Grandmother: Lady Lee of the Incheon Lee clan (1383 - 1456) (인천 이씨)
- Queen Sohye of the Cheongju Han clan (7 October 1437 – 11 May 1504) (소혜왕후 한씨)
- Consort Gwi-in of the Kwon clan (? - 26 April 1494) (귀인 권씨)
- Consort Gwi-in of the Yun clan (귀인 윤씨)
- Consort Suk-ui of the Geochang Shin clan (? - 16 May 1476) (숙의 신씨)
- EncyKor (2020a). "덕종" [King Deokjong]. Encyclopedia of Korean Culture.
- Cultural Heritage Administration (2020). "Royal Tombs". english.cha.go.kr. Retrieved 2020-05-12.
- Crown Prince Uigyeong @NATE (in Korean)
|This Korean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|