Crossroads Center (St. Cloud, Minnesota)
|Location||St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA|
|Management||General Growth Properties|
|Owner||General Growth Properties|
|No. of stores and services||97 |
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||890,000 sq ft (83,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||1 (2 in JCPenney's and Scheel's)|
Crossroads Center is a shopping mall in St. Cloud, Minnesota, United States, and is the largest mall in the state outside of the core Twin Cities metro area. Its five anchor stores are Macy's, JCPenney, Sears, Target and Scheels All Sports. The Marshall Field's store was officially renamed Macy's on September 9, 2006.
The center has been owned since 1999 by General Growth Properties. It was renovated in 2004, with the construction of "additional skylights, 700-seat Food Court, family restrooms, improved traffic flow and parking, streamlined common area and children’s soft play area".
On September 17, 2016, Crossroads Center was the site of a mass stabbing attack.
- JCPenney (167,652 sq ft.)
- Macy's (100,000 sq ft.)
- Sears (126,515 sq ft.)
- Scheels All Sports (120,000 sq ft.)
- Target (108,162 sq, ft.)
Ancillary activities/stores include: Chick-fil-A, Red Robin, Noodles and Company, and Panda Express.
- "'We Saw These Guys Just Dripping with Blood': A Quiet Night at the Mall Turns to Panic". Washington Post. September 18, 2016.
- "Is Winona at Long Last Awakening?". The Winona Daily News. Winona, Minnesota. January 2, 1966. p. 6. Retrieved September 18, 2016 – via Newspapers.com. (Registration required (. ))
Rochester is facing a similar problem although its downtown is far more modern than Winona's. For our neighbors to the west are overcrowded with shopping centers and it is common knowledge that when the newest one, half a mile west of Crossroads center opens, both J. C. Penney Co. and Montgomery Ward will leave the downtown area. Sears Roebuck already is located at Crossroads just as Montgomery Ward moved out of downtown into Miracle Mall here.
- "Crossroads Center". General Growth Properties. Retrieved September 18, 2016.
- "Stabbing spree at Crossroads Center mall in St. Cloud, Minnesota". BNO News. September 17, 2016. Retrieved September 17, 2016.