Crossgate AG was a multinational company which had developed a network approach to B2B transactions allowing for data to be transferred regardless of EDI system or EDI map. Crossgate's network approach attracted a partnership and investment from SAP SE.
|Industry||B2B integration, B2B transaction network, automation of business process, supply chain management, e-Invoicing, Industry-specific knowledge (automotive, trade, consumer products, technology, pharmaceutical, chemical, process industry)|
|Fate||Acquired by SAP, September 20, 2011|
|Founded||Starnberg, Germany (2001)|
|Stefan Tittel, Founder and CEO|
Number of employees
|200 (Estimated, October 2009)|
On September 20, 2011 SAP acquired Crossgate.
The company was headquartered in Munich, Germany with field offices in Berlin, Frankfurt am Main, Waldbronn, Cologne, and Walldorf. As well as the four sites in Germany, Crossgate is represented with subsidiary branches in Atlanta (Crossgate, Inc.), London (Crossgate UK Ltd), Milan (Crossgate Italia S.p.A.) and Paris (Crossgate s.a.r.l.). Crossgate AG operated as a subsidiary of Otto Wolff von Amerongen Group.
Crossgate AG was founded as indatex SCI GmbH in 2001 by Stefan Tittel. In 2006 indatex SCI GmbH changed its name to Crossgate AG. That same year, Dietmar Hopp's son, founder and major shareholder of SAP SE became financially involved and Crossgate's operations were expanded.
On 14 October 2008, SAP SE announced at SAP TechED 2008 Berlin. that it has made a strategic investment by taking a minority stake in Crossgate, a business-to-business (B2B) integration service provider. This follows several deployments of Crossgate’s B2B 360° Services, which utilizes SAP to enable mulltienterprise B2B integration (which SAP calls "business network transformation"), one of the fundamental points of SAP's future strategy. Financial details have not been disclosed but a SAP Executive Board Member has joined the Crossgate Supervisory Board.
March 2, 2010 SAP Finally Makes a Decisive Move in the B2B Market 
On 7 November 2006, Crossgate announced that it has acquired a majority interest in B&N Software, a developer of software components to support multienterprise process integration including M@gic EDDY.
- "New EDI Approach for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Users". Kevin Benedict. Retrieved 2009-04-09.
- "SAP Facilitates Business Network Transformation to Help Businesses Compete and Thrive in a Changing Global Economy". SAP. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "indatex becomes CROSSGATE". Crossgate. Retrieved 2006-05-12.
- "The Hopp family: a new investor in indatex". Crossgate. Retrieved 2006-04-07.
- "SAP Steps Into the Growing B2B Services Market Via Crossgate". Gartner. Retrieved 2008-10-16.
- "SAP TO ACQUIRE BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS NETWORKING PROVIDER CROSSGATE". SAP. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Mobile Payment für das Smartphone". Gründerszene Magazin (in German). 2012-06-22. Retrieved 2019-10-09.
- "New Strategic Investor for EDI Specialist Crossgate (formerly indatex SCI)". Crossgate AG. Retrieved 2006-10-04.
- "SAP Finally Makes a Decisive Move in the B2B Market". Gartner. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "Crossgate Acquires B&N Software to Ride European B2B Growth". Gartner. Retrieved 2006-11-14.