Croatian Democratic Alliance of Slavonia and Baranja
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Croatian Democratic Alliance of Slavonia and Baranja (Croatian: Hrvatski demokratski savez Slavonije i Baranje or HDSSB) is a regionalist, national-conservative political party in the Eastern Croatian region of Slavonia. Until 2015, the HdSSB was considered right-wing populist.
|Founded||6 May 2006|
1 / 151
0 / 12
0 / 21
0 / 128
It was formally founded on 6 May 2006, but had its origins one year earlier, when the group of local Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) politicians, led by War of Independence veteran Branimir Glavaš, launched a political organisation with a very similar name, the Croatian Democratic Assembly of Slavonia and Baranja (Croatian: Hrvatski demokratski sabor Slavonije i Baranje) at the eve of May 2005 local elections. The stated aim of new group was the regional reorganisation of Croatia in order to improve conditions in Slavonia, which was - according to Glavaš and his supporters - neglected by central government in Zagreb.
The HDZ leadership under Ivo Sanader denounced that platform and ejected Glavaš out of the party. However, most of the local HDZ organisation followed Glavaš and his independent election ticket that won a relative majority in the Osijek-Baranja County and City of Osijek assemblies. That group of independents became the HDSSB on 6 May 2006. In the 2007 Croatian parliamentary election they received 44,552 votes or 1.8% of the electorate, and won 3 seats in the Croatian Parliament. They improved their position in Croatian Parliament in next election by winning 6 seats.
In 2014, HDSSB became part of the Alliance for Croatia coalition, which was dissolved in 2015.
|Election||In coalition with||Votes won (coalition totals)||Percentage||Seats won||Change|
3 / 151
6 / 151
2 / 151
1 / 151
1 / 151
|Election||In coalition with||Votes won
0 / 12
|2014||Alliance for Croatia||63,437||6.88%||
0 / 11
- "Hrvatski demokratski savez Slavonije i Baranje - HDSSB". Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved February 28, 2011.
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2020). "Croatia". Parties and Elections in Europe.
- Zulianello, Mattia (April 2020). "Varieties of Populist Parties and Party Systems in Europe: From State-of-the-Art to the Application of a Novel Classification Scheme to 66 Parties in 33 Countries". Government and Opposition. Cambridge University Press. 55 (2): 327–347. doi:10.1017/gov.2019.21.
- "STATUT HRVATSKOG DEMOKRATSKOG SAVEZA SLAVONIJE I BARANJE" (DOC). Hidra.srce.hr. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- Official website (in Croatian)