Cristian Moreni (born 21 November 1972 in Asola) is an Italian former road racing cyclist who rode for Cofidis, le Crédit par Téléphone in the UCI ProTour.
|Full name||Cristian Moreni|
|Born||21 November 1972|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lb)|
|Giro d'Italia, 1 stage|
Vuelta a España, 1 stage
Italian National Road Race Champion (2004)
Moreni tested positive for testosterone at the end of the 11th stage of the 2007 Tour de France, on 25 July 2007 (stage 16). He was arrested after stage 16 by French gendarmes. He pleaded guilty, and did not request that a second sample be tested. Subsequently, to his arrest, Cofidis withdrew from the Tour. Moreni was suspended for two years following the scandal.
In 2009, when his suspension ended, Moreni became the first cyclist to pay a fine of one year's salary to the UCI. Moreni wanted to return as a professional cyclist.
Tour de France participationsEdit
- Stage win, Vuelta a España
- Stage win, Giro d'Italia
- Regio-Tour International, stage 1
- Giro del Veneto
- Italian National Road Race Championship
- Route du Sud, stage 1
- 46th, Summer Olympics Men's Road Race
- Tour de l'Ain, stage 1
- 7th, GP Ouest-France
- ^ "Yahoo UK & Ireland - Sports News | Live Scores | Results".
- ^ Kröner, Hedwig (13 November 2009). "Moreni upbeat about paying fine". Cyclingnews. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- Cristian Moreni at Cycling Archives