Cristal (TV series)
Cristal (1985–1986) is a Venezuelan telenovela written by Delia Fiallo and produced by Radio Caracas Televisión. This telenovela lasted 246 episodes, and it achieved a significant amount of success inside and outside Venezuela, it was extremely successful in its airing in Spain (where each advertisement that was seen during the transmission of Cristal cost more than seven million pesetas) and Italy. It was distributed internationally by Coral International. Cristal has been rebroadcast more than seven times in Venezuela. Cristal has several adaptations, including a 2006 Brazilian version of the same name distributed by SBT, and two Mexican remakes, El Privilegio de Amar in 1998, and Triunfo del Amor in 2010, both distributed by Televisa.
|Created by||Delia Fiallo|
|Written by||Delia Fiallo|
Ana M. Escámez
|Directed by||Renato Gutiérrez|
|Opening theme||Mi Vida Eres Tu performed by Rudy La Scala|
|Ending theme||Volvamos A Vivir performed by Rudy La Scala|
|Country of origin||Venezuela|
|No. of episodes||246|
|Executive producer(s)||Jorge Gherardi|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||August 5, 1985 –|
July 12, 1986
|Followed by||La Intrusa|
|Related shows||El Privilegio de Amar (1998)|
Triunfo del amor (2010)
Victoria Ascano (Lupita Ferrer), the beautiful and successful owner of the fashion house "Casa Victoria", decides to search for the baby she abandoned years before. At the same time, Cristina (Jeannette Rodríguez), Victoria's daughter leaves the orphanage where she was raised and moves into an apartment with two other girls, Inocencia (Mariela Alcala) and Zoraida (Lourdes Valera), ready to pursue her dream of becoming a model. Cristina is unknowingly hired by Victoria, and she was on her way to becoming a successful model when Victoria discovers that Cristina and Luis Alfredo (Carlos Mata), her stepson, were having an affair. Victoria fires Cristina and Luis Alfredo marries Marion (Marita Capote), his old girlfriend, because she claims to be carrying his child. Shortly after being abandoned by Luis Alfredo and fired by Victoria, Cristina discovers that she, too, is pregnant.
- Lupita Ferrer as Victoria Ascanio
- Jeannette Rodríguez as Cristina Expósito, a.k.a. Cristal
- Carlos Mata as Luis Alfredo Ascanio
- Raul Amundaray as Alejandro Ascanio
- Marita Capote as Marion Bellorin
- Mariela Alcala as Inocencia
- Lourdes Valera as Zoraida, a.k.a. Cerebrito
- Henry Zakka as Adán
- Zoe Ducós as Luisa
- Lino Ferrer as Piero
- Ileana Jacket as Bertha Girot
- Roberto Moll as Darío
- Jorge Palacios as Gonzalo Valladares
- Humberto Garcia as Padre Ángel de Jesús
- Gigi Zanchetta as Eliana Ascanio
- Cecilia Villarreal as Vivian Marshall
- Sonya Smith as Maggie
|Country||Alternate title/Translation||TV network(s)||Series premiere||Series finale||Weekly schedule||Timeslot|
|Venezuela||Cristal||Radio Caracas Televisión||1985||1986||Monday to Saturday||10:00 pm|
|Poland||Cristal||TVP3||July 25, 1994||March 17, 1995||Monday to Friday||7:00 pm|
|Argentina||Cristal||Teleonce (today Telefe)||March 2, 1987||September 5, 1987||Monday to Friday||2:15 pm|
|Paraguay||Cristal||Canal 9 Cerro Corá (today SNT)||February 2, 1987||August 3, 1987||Monday to Friday||7:00 pm|
- "Cristal – Coral producciones (1985)". todotnv.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "JEANNETTE RODRÍGUEZ Y CARLOS MATA 'Cristal'". teleprograma (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 January 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Así han envejecido los protagonistas de Cristal, 30 años después" (in Spanish). que.es. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "Cristal". seriesnow.com. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "Así luce Jeannette Rodríguez 30 después de la telenovela "Cristal"" (in Spanish). Lapatilla.com. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- "La telenovela dramática Cristal empieza a emitirse hoy en TVE-1". Elpais.com. 1989-12-04. Retrieved 2012-07-11.
- "TVE sustituye Cristal por otro culebrón". Elpais.com. 1990-11-14. Retrieved 2012-07-11.