- This page is about an analytics company. For the Jorge Luis Borges reference, see The Library of Babel.
Drive results with consumer insights that matter
|Social media analytics|
|Services||Consumer insights, social media analytics|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
The company's online data library consists of over 1 trillion posts, and includes documents from social networks such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook as well as blogs, forums, and news sites. The company's ForSight platform is a Twitter Certified Product.
Crimson Hexagon's analysis of current events and trending topics is often featured in news articles. Pew Research uses Crimson Hexagon's social media analysis platform to analyze media coverage and discourse.
Crimson Hexagon was founded in 2007 by Gary King and Candace Fleming based upon technology he had developed at Harvard University’s Institute for Quantitative Social Science. Crimson Hexagon has raised a total of $33.5M in funding over 7 rounds, with the last round on March, 8, 2016.  In 2012, Stephanie Newby became the company's CEO.
In March 2014, the company announced its Affinities feature, which allows marketers to identify the interests of people talking about brands, products, or companies on social media.
In July 2018, Facebook suspended Crimson Hexagon from accessing its user data whilst it investigated potential violations of its policy barring surveillance.
On September 5, 2018, Crimson Hexagon released the industry's first reverse image search technology.
On October 4, 2018 Crimson Hexagon announced it was merging with Brandwatch.
- What Is Social Media Analytics? - Crimson Hexagon
- "Crimson Hexagon Secures $5 Million in Series B Funding". Business Wire. May 24, 2011. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- Alspach, Kyle (November 18, 2011). "Details emerge on Crimson Hexagon's move to Boston". Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- Pinkerton, Eleanor (October 21, 2014). "Crimson Hexagon opens new European headquarters and joins vibrant innovation community on London's South Bank". Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Rohr, Erin (September 23, 2014). "Crimson Hexagon Indexes 500 Billion Social Media Posts For On-Demand Consumer Insight". Archived from the original on 2015-02-10. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Peterson, Tim (August 30, 2012). "Twitter Anoints 12 Partners in Certified Product Program". Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Goel, Vindu (March 23, 2014). "G.M. Uses Social Media to Manage Customers and Its Reputation". Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- Jurkowitz, Mark (July 17, 2013). "On Twitter: Anger Greets the Zimmerman Verdict". Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- Hitlin, Paul (November 4, 2013). "Methodology: How Crimson Hexagon Works". Journalism. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- Seiffert, Don (March 14, 2013). "Crimson Hexagon raises $3.5M in Series B financing". Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Latham, Melissa (March 24, 2012). "Crimson Hexagon Introduces Affinities to its ForSight Platform". Archived from the original on 2015-02-10. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Solon, Olivia; Wong, Julia Carrie (July 20, 2018). "Facebook suspends another analytics firm amid questions over surveillance". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 July 2018.