CricBuzz is a sports news website and app exclusively covering the game of cricket. The site features news, articles, live coverage of cricket matches (including videos,scorecards and text commentary), player rankings and team rankings. The website also offers many mobile apps. CricBuzz is also the largest mobile app for cricket news and scores in India.
Type of site
|Sports website exclusively for Cricket|
|Available in||English, Hindi and other Indian Languages|
|Created by||Pankaj Chhaparwal|
|Alexa rank||301 (February 2019[update])|
|Commercial||Yes (Non-subscription Ad revenue)|
|Launched||1 November 2004|
In Nov 2014, Times Internet, a subsidiary of Times of India acquired majority stake in CricBuzz for undisclosed sum. After acquisition, the website continues to be managed by the original founders.
In Jan 2015, Times Internet-owned GoCricket was merged into cricbuzz. GoCricket's website was redirected to cricbuzz and the mobile app of GoCricket was also merged with that of cricbuzz.
Cricbuzz contains live streaming of cricket scores, upcoming schedules, team and player rankings, archives, news, articles, videos, pictures, cricket based online games and mobile apps for many different phone operating systems.
Cricbuzz, in April 2019 was ranked 259 globally by Alexa Internet and ranked 16 in India and Bangladesh. The site was reportedly the 7th most searched for site in India in 2014. In 2014, its mobile app crossed 50 million downloads (largest in India) and the website was used by more than 50 million users worldwide and generated 2.6 billion page views in Jan 2015 alone.
- "estimated revenue by promising website". free website report]]. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "cricbuzz.com Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "Number of users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "cricbuzz targets 82 million users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Times Internet acquires cricbuzz". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "GoCricket mergers into cricbuzz". medianama. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "cricbuzz". cricbuzz website. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Google India's top 10 searches of 2014". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "cricbuzz targets 75 million users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Cricbuzz named title sponsor". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Cricbuzz is title sponsor for India-Sri Lanka Test Series". bestmediainfo. Retrieved 15 August 2015.