CricBuzz is an Indian cricket news website owned by Times Internet. It features news, articles and live coverage of cricket matches including videos, scorecards, text commentary, player stats and team rankings. Their website also offers a mobile app. CricBuzz is one of the most popular mobile apps for cricket news and scores in India.
Type of site
|Sports website exclusively for Cricket|
|Available in||English, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and other Indian Languages|
|Created by||Pankaj Chhaparwal|
|Alexa rank||197 (August 2019[update])|
|Commercial||Yes (Non-subscription Ad revenue)|
|Launched||1 November 2004|
In January 2015, Times Internet-owned GoCricket was merged into Cricbuzz. GoCricket's website was redirected to Cricbuzz and the GoCricket mobile app was also merged with that of CricBuzz.
In August 2019, CricBuzz was ranked 197 globally and 35 in India by Alexa Internet. The site was the 7th most searched for site in India in 2014. The mobile app passed 50 million downloads in 2014 and the website is used by more than 50 million users worldwide, generating 2.6 billion page views in Jan 2015.
- "estimated revenue by promising website". free website report]]. Archived from the original on 16 August 2016. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "cricbuzz.com Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "Number of users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "cricbuzz targets 82 million users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Times Internet acquires cricbuzz". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "GoCricket mergers into cricbuzz". medianama. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Google India's top 10 searches of 2014". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "cricbuzz targets 75 million users". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Cricbuzz named title sponsor". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Cricbuzz is title sponsor for India-Sri Lanka Test Series". bestmediainfo. Retrieved 15 August 2015.