This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gazey attended Our Lady's Roman Catholic High School in Royton, Oldham. His family remain living in the surrounding area. He attended Eggbuckland Community College through until 1998, where he left to attend City College Plymouth, studying BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts. After this, he went on to study acting at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff, which he graduated in 2005.
Gazey joined the cast of the long-running ITV soap opera Coronation Street in April 2008, portraying the role of Graeme Proctor. Despite only agreeing to a short-term contract, Gazey returned in November 2008, now as a series regular. Gazey went on to appear in the show for three years, and became favourable with viewers, winning the "Best Newcomer" and "Best Comedy Performance" honours at the National Television Awards. During his time in the soap, Gazey made appearances on television as a guest on Loose Women and Celebrity Juice. He even appeared in his character role of Graeme in a special edition of The Jeremy Kyle Show, alongside fellow Coronation Street cast members Jack P. Shepherd, Michelle Keegan and Ben Price.
After leaving Coronation Street, in October 2011, he appeared at the Trafalgar Studios in the West End theatre play, Third Floor. In 2012, he toured the United Kingdom in the comedy, Funny Peculiar alongside Suzanne Shaw and former Coronation Street co-star Vicky Entwistle. In 2013, he appeared in a stage version of The Full Monty at Sheffield, followed by a tour and a season in the West End in 2014. In October 2014, Gazey appeared in The Hypochondriac alongside Sir Tony Robinson and Imogen Stubbs at the Theatre Royal Bath, followed by a tour. In 2015, he took part in Celebrity Masterchef for the BBC.
|2005||The Bill||Curtis||Guest appearance, one episode|
|2006||Caerdydd||Pooley||Guest appearance, one episode|
|2008||Criminal Justice||Flitcroft||4 episodes|
|2008||Coming Up||Skeebo||Guest appearance, one episode|
|2008–2011||Coronation Street||Graeme Proctor||Series regular, 260 episodes|
|2009||The Royal||Bernard Bannister||Guest appearance, one episode|
|2009||Loose Women||Himself||Individual guest appearances, 4 episodes overall|
|2010||The Odd One In||Himself||Guest appearance, one episode|
|2010||Celebrity Juice||Himself||Individual guest appearances, 4 episodes overall|
|2010||The Jeremy Kyle Show||Graeme Proctor||Special episode|
|2012||Daybreak||Himself||Guest appearance, one episode|
|2012||The Wright Stuff||Himself||Guest appearance, one episode|
|2015||Celebrity MasterChef||Himself||Contestant, one episode|
|2019||Years and Years||Steven||Series 1 Episode 3|
- "Character news and videos | Coronation Street - ITV Soaps". Itv.com. Archived from the original on 1 February 2010. Retrieved 28 November 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Corrie star Craig Gazey heads for Third Floor". BBC News. 4 October 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- Kris Green (24 September 2008). "Corrie's Windass clan and other cast changes". Digital Spy. Retrieved 7 January 2009. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "National Television Awards: the winners". The Telegraph. 20 January 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 23 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)