Kildare County (Parliament of Ireland constituency)
(Redirected from County Kildare (Parliament of Ireland constituency))
Kildare County was a constituency represented in the Irish House of Commons to 1801.
|Former County constituency|
for the Irish House of Commons
Members of ParliamentEdit
- 1429 Sir Richard FitzEustace
- 1560 Nicholas Eustace and James Flattisbury 
- 1585 William Sutton and Thomas Fitzmorris 
- 1613-1615 John Sutton and Sir William Talbot, 1st Baronet 
- 1634–1635 Sir Nicholas Whyte and Maurice Eustace (Speaker) 
- 1639 Maurice Fitzgerald (expelled and replaced 1642 by Henry Warren) and Maurice Eustace (Speaker)
- 1661-1666 Hon Robert Fitzgerald and Sir Paul Davys
|Election||First member||First party||Second member||Second party|
|1689 Patriot Parliament||John Wogan||George Aylmer|
|1692||George FitzGerald||Robert FitzGerald|
|1703||Sir Kildare Borrowes, 3rd Bt||Thomas Keightley|
|1709||Joshua Allen [note 1]|
|1715||Brabazon Ponsonby [note 2]|
|1727||Richard Allen||Maurice Keating|
|1745||Sir Kildare Borrowes, 5th Bt|
|1776||Lord Charles FitzGerald|
|1790||Lord Edward FitzGerald||Maurice Bagenal St Leger Keating|
|1798||John La Touche|
|1801||Succeeded by the Westminster constituency Kildare|
- Styled as The Honourable from 1717
- Styled as The Honourable from 1721
- O'Hart (2007), p. 502
- Parliamentary Papers, Volume 62, Part 2. p. 618.
- O'Hart, John (2007). The Irish and Anglo-Irish Landed Gentry: When Cromwell came to Ireland. vol. II. Heritage Books. ISBN 0-7884-1927-7.
- Leigh Rayment's historical List of Members of the Irish House of Commonscites: Johnston-Liik, Edith Mary (2002). The History of the Irish Parliament 1692-1800 (6 volumes). Ulster Historical Foundation.