Counts of Eu
(Redirected from Count of Eu)
This article does not cite any sources. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
House of NormandyEdit
- 996–1015: Geoffrey, also Count of Brionne, illegitimate son of Duke Richard I of Normandy
- 1015–1040: Gilbert, also Count of Brionne, son of the previous
- 1040–1050 (approximate): William I, brother of Geoffrey
- William Busac, son of the previous, 1050-1053 (approximate)
- Robert I, also Lord of Hastings, son of William I, 1053-1093
- William II, also Lord of Hastings, son of Robert, 1093-1096
- Henry I, also Lord of Hastings, son of William II, 1096-1140
- John, also Lord of Hastings, son of Henry I, 1140-1170
- Henry II, also Lord of Hastings, son of John, 1170-1191
- Alix, Countess of Eu and Lady of Hastings, daughter of Henry II, 1191-1246.
House of LusignanEdit
House of BrienneEdit
- 1250–1260 Alphonso of Brienne, husband of Marie (1227), and son of John of Brienne and Berengaria of Castile; died 1270.
- 1260–1294 John I, son of Alphonso and Marie.
- 1294–1302 John II, Count of Guînes, son of John I.
- 1302–1344 Raoul III, Count of Guînes, Constable of France, son of John II.
- 1344–1350 Raoul IV, son of Raoul III.
Raoul IV was accused of treason in 1350, and the county was confiscated. The county was then given to John of Artois.
House of ArtoisEdit
House of BourchierEdit
House of Burgundy-NeversEdit
House of ClevesEdit
- 1492–1506 Engelbert of Cleves
- 1506–1521 Charles of Cleves
- 1521–1561 François I of Cleves
- 1561–1562 François II of Cleves
- 1562–1564 Jacques of Cleves
- 1564–1633 Catherine of Cleves with the following:
House of GuiseEdit
- 1633–1640 Charles, Duke of Guise
- 1640–1654 Henry II, Duke of Guise
- 1654 Louis, Duke of Joyeuse
- 1654–1660 Louis Joseph, Duke of Guise
In 1660, he sold Eu to the duchesse de Montpensier.
House of MontpensierEdit
- 1660–1681 Anne Marie Louise d'Orléans
She sold it in 1681 to the duc du Maine.
House of BourbonEdit
- 1681–1736 Louis-Auguste de Bourbon, duc du Maine
- 1736–1755 Louis Auguste de Bourbon ;
- son of the duc du Maine
- 1755–1775 Louis Charles de Bourbon ;
- brother of the Prince de Dombes
- 1775–1793 Louis Jean Marie de Bourbon, duc de Penthièvre ;
- nephew of the duc du Maine via the comte de Toulouse, du Maines younger brother
- 1793–1821 Louise Marie Adélaïde de Bourbon ;
- grand daughter of the Count of Toulouse
- 1793 with Louis Philippe II, Duke of Orléans - husband of Louise Marie Adélaïde.
House of OrléansEdit
- 1842–1922 Gaston, comte d'Eu
- 1974– Foulques, duc d'Aumale, comte d'Eu
- Waters, E. Chester (1886). "The Counts of Eu, sometime Lords of the Honour of Tickhill". The Yorkshire Archaeological and Topographical Journal. 9: 257–302. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)