Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau
Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg (Claus-Casimir Bernhard Marius Max; born 21 March 2004), is the second child of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands and their only son. He is a member of the Dutch Royal Family and is sixth in the line of succession to the Dutch throne.
Claus-Casimir van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg
|Title||Count of Oranje-Nassau,|
Jonkheer van Amsberg
His christening took place in the chapel of Het Loo Palace in Apeldoorn on 10 October 2004. Claus-Casimir's godparents are King Willem-Alexander, Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Ed P. Spanjaard, and Countess Tatiana Razumovsky von Wigstein.
Titles and stylesEdit
By royal decree of 11 May 2001, nr. 227, it was determined that all children and male-line descendants of Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands would be counts and countesses of Orange-Nassau with the honorific jonkheer or jonkvrouwe van Amsberg, and have the surname Van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg. As he is her only grandson, Claus-Casimir is currently the only one of Queen Beatrix's grandchildren who will be able to pass this title on to his children.
Upon the abdication of Queen Beatrix on 30 April 2013, the children of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien ceased to be members of the Royal House, although they continue to be members of the royal family.
- "Claus-Casimir gedoopt in Apeldoorn" (in Dutch). NU.nl. 10 October 2004. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- Current line of succession Archived 25 January 2011 at the Wayback Machine – Official website of the Dutch Royal House
- "Laurentien bevalt van zoon" (in Dutch). Trouw. 22 March 2004. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- Hulsman, W.G. (24 April 2008). "Koninklijk kerken" (in Dutch). Reformatorisch Dagblad. Archived from the original on 9 October 2008. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- Titles of the children of HRH Prince Constantijn – Communiqué of the Netherlands Central Office of Information (in Dutch)
- "Abdication information". Dutch Royal House. Archived from the original on 3 February 2013.
Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-NassauBorn: 21 March 2004
|Lines of succession|
Countess Eloise of Orange-Nassau
| Line of succession to the Dutch throne
Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau